Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I posted the message below in the Sprint Forum but I am not sure it is carrier specific or not....

I have 2 650s (1 mine, 1 wifes) and mine shows an envelope (like the v-mail one and when you tap it it goes to Versamail) on the main phone screen below where it says Sprint when I have new e-mails but my wifes doesn't show the same. Does anyone know where you can set this to show or not?

Thanks
    Is your wife's Treo also using VersaMail? Not all third-party mail clients hook into that icon.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Yeah I wish 3rd party apps would do this.....I haven't seen any yet, & Snapper says: Soon
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Chatter does, to some extent. It'll pop up the icon with a count of messages which have arrived since last time you were in Chatter, IIRC.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Is your wife's Treo also using VersaMail? Not all third-party mail clients hook into that icon.
    Yes both right out of the box... although I will be putting Chatter on mine soon (had it on my 600). Is there a setting to have this work in prefs somewhere? I looked everywhere!
    Cingular XPressMail also shows new mail and the number of new messages on the phone screen. I like it.
    I also hope Snappermail eventually supports this.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Chatter uses the e-mail icon one the phone screen without a problem.
    Sprint Business Connection uses it too.
  9.    #9  
    My question isn't whether or not an e-mail program shows it or not, the question is why Versamail would show on one treo and not on another? (right out of the box) Can you turn this "feature" on and off???

Anyone?
    Sorry, don't know. Perhaps check that VersaMail is set as the default mail app, and look for settings within VersaMail itself - I don't see anything within the Phone app's options. I don't run WorsaMail, and I'm not about to fire it up just to go looking through it's menus.
    The solution is that you have to goto Prefs -> Default Apps, set VersaMail to be the default Email client.
    I am using SnapperMail and Agendus. In Agendus' today screen I think my new emails should be shown. But I can't see them under email section.
    When I select email from today screen though, I get into SnapperMail.

Does anyone have the same problem ?

P.S: I know this is not directly about this thread, but it's related... I think some of you may know.
    I'm using Snappermail and Agendus as well. I have the same problem.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by chriztang
    The solution is that you have to goto Prefs -> Default Apps, set VersaMail to be the default Email client.
    Yep that is the way it comes "out of the box".... very weird. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Chatter does, to some extent. It'll pop up the icon with a count of messages which have arrived since last time you were in Chatter, IIRC.
    Yeah, it shows the number of new emails and if you tap it (or select it with the five way) then it takes you to the app. When you say to some extent, is there a further extent to which this icon can be used?
    Thanks,
    JW
    What I meant was that Chatter only shows the number of messages that have arrived since last time you were in Chatter, whereas (I think) VersaMail shows the number of unread messages regardless of when they arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by the worm
    I posted the message below in the Sprint Forum but I am not sure it is carrier specific or not....

I have 2 650s (1 mine, 1 wifes) and mine shows an envelope (like the v-mail one and when you tap it it goes to Versamail) on the main phone screen below where it says Sprint when I have new e-mails but my wifes doesn't show the same. Does anyone know where you can set this to show or not?

Thanks
    I have un unlocked GSM. On my phone the E-mail icon only shows if I have E-mails in my inbox. I purge the inbox on a regular basis to save memory and then the icon disappears.
    I use Versa & Snap & neither show me the number of emails.......go figure!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    How many different versions of the Treo 650 are there "out there"?
    weird. sprint business connection shows how many emails are unread in that application.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast