1.    #1  
    I am not a fan of Ptunes at all , has anyone found a replacement that can get the shoutcast/ other streaming radio, and similar mp3 functions?
    What don't you like about PTunes? That might others understand what/what not to recommend.
    If PTunes would support aac & aacPlus, it'd be perfect for me. I'm a little surprised that aeroplayer supports aac, while ptunes doesnt. Unfortunately aeroplayer doesn't appear to support http streaming (or other streaming formats). rtsp support would be nice in both too, while i'm mentioning things.
    I think AAC support is coming in the next release. I'm sure acquiring a license for that is not cheap.

What do you not like about pTunes?
    There's nothing about it that I don't like so far -- i've only had it on my treo for ~24 hours -- i was hoping for the aacPlus support so that I could listen to streaming 46kbit audio from somafm.com in stereo, instead of their 56k mono feeds. (the 128kbit stream is too rich for my connection's blood, i guess)
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur
    There's nothing about it that I don't like so far -- i've only had it on my treo for ~24 hours -- i was hoping for the aacPlus support so that I could listen to streaming 46kbit audio from somafm.com in stereo, instead of their 56k mono feeds. (the 128kbit stream is too rich for my connection's blood, i guess)
    Sorry, my AAC comment was for you and the question about what you don't like about pTunes was for ruckus2k1 who started the thread.
  7.    #7  
    Price, is a to high, I was just looking for alternative for the streaming content
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    So your dislike isn't based on function. I agree that 28 bucks may seem steep to some. I listen to streaming audio about 5 hours a day though, so its worth it for me.... I do hope they include more formats, however.
    It's expensive to put my music collection on SD cards to carry around on my Treo.

I would pay good money to have an aacPlus plugin for pTunes. Check http://tuner2.com/ There are lots of stations to choose from, at least plenty enough variety for me.

CD quality streamed, no hassle.

the 40-48k stereo streams sound better than the 128K mp3 streams, far less compression artifacts. It sounds quite amazing really.

I don't know what's so expensive about it. I though aacPlus was licened per device, or per user, so the cost is passed on to us to buy the plug-in, at least as far as mobile devices go. I think the licensing for desktops is a lot different.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Heck, even the 24K AACplus streams sound amazing, considering. I'm looking most forward to this, so I can listen to those on my sweet non-EDGE GPRS connection.
    aeroplayer is a lot less cluttered than ptunes...mainly the menus, although there are some unique features of ptunes that I like. from what I can tell, aeroplayer has more skins available, and they are all free.
  12.    #12  
    how long until windows streaming in ptunes