1.    #1  
    I got my Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) yesterday and I must say it was a breeze to set-up compared to my Pocket PC device.

However, I noticed that if I'm logged in to my IMAP e-mail on my computer and I delete messages there, they aren't removed from the Inbox in VersaMail the next time it connects. Previously with my Pocket PC device deleting e-mails on the computer caused them to disappear the next time the phone synchonized with the mail server. I've been through the settings numerous times and can't see anything obvious I missed. Is this a quirk of VersaMail? Will using Chatter be better?
    Deleting a message merely flags it as deleted. It is not actually removed from the server until you empty the trash in WorsaMail before connecting.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  3.    #3  
    It's the other way around. I'm deleting the messages from kmail on my Linux system. After that when I tell VersaMail to get e-mail the deleted messages remain in its Inbox.
    Then presumably you need to find a way to tell kmail to purge deleted messages. As I understand it, this is standard IMAP behaviour - deletion is a two-part process of flagging and purging, and if kmail isn't doing both, that would explain why they're not actually being removed.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Found this in a kmail discussion group:
    You can set kmail to automatically purge folders as soon as you leave
    them (e.g. by selecting another folder).

This can be done in the IMAP account configuration dialog.
  6.    #6  
    I have "Automatically compact folders (expunges deleted messages)" turned on as it has always been.

Chatter does it right.