1.    #1  
    I dont have a computer with a SD reader, and didn't really want a large "12 in 1" type device. While scrounging in compusa, I found this:

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...033&pfp=SEARCH

It worked just fine with my palm's sd cards - is only a usb plug (or so) larger than the SD card itself, and only $9.99

Thought I'd share...
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Cool, Great find!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Very cool. I suspect that having to open the thing up each time you want to insert or remove a card, will get tedious if you're doing it on a regular basis, but for occasional use this looks great.

I foresee a trip to CompUSSR in my future.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    This is a SD/USB card from Sandisk. It will be out in BestBuy on June 14th. Its a SD card that doubles as a usb2 Thumb / Jump Drive thing. I've been waiting paitently for one of these sweet babys since Jan.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/perip...ate-033743.php
    The Sandisk MobileMate is very small, though a bit more expensive. I've seen them go for about $15. And you don't have to open and close it each time.
    this is a much better idea
    There's also the Lexar Jumpdrive Trio. Same idea.
    Yeah i've got the Lexar Jumpdrive Trio.. takes SD/MMC and MS
    I have the sandisk mobilemate which does work great but is more expensive like racer stated I think it ran me around $18 from bestbuy..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I have the MobileMate.

Of the MobileMate and JumpDrive Trio:

Trio is larger, but can fit an SD card entirely within itself.
    MobileMate is smaller, but you can't stick an SD card entirely within the device, it "sticks out".

The Trio could be used as storage for a second SD card in theory, and this new CompUSA one looks like it could do the same. Might look into it as a MobileMate replacement.
    any reveiws on the mobimate
    does it have a key ring

depending on whether i get the mobimate or the compusa one
    i want the smallest one..and the one with a keychain
    i know the compusa one does
    but the mobimate is hard to tell from the pics

any issues though?
    i've been using this:
    http://store.yahoo.com/i-software/110497.html
    comes w/ a lanyard and a cap not shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownvirus
    any reveiws on the mobimate
    does it have a key ring

depending on whether i get the mobimate or the compusa one
    i want the smallest one..and the one with a keychain
    i know the compusa one does
    but the mobimate is hard to tell from the pics

any issues though?

It does have a key ring. I've had mine for 3 weeks and love it. Makes it a lot easier to transfer data between the phone and my laptop.
  14.    #14  
    The MediaGear unit does have the little lid, but the lid isn't required for proper operation. There are little plastic flanges that hold the card in place on top of the electrical contacts. It's not attractive -- but what do you want for $9
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    It does have a key ring. I've had mine for 3 weeks and love it. Makes it a lot easier to transfer data between the phone and my laptop.
    Yes, but it requires a smaller-than-normal ring to thread it through. On top of that, mine ripped the hole apart in about a week. Probably got snagged in my pocket when I wasn't paying attention. It's $10, so what can you really expect. Besides that, it's the coolest new toy I've purchased
    <br>
    hey this works! use what ive been using for the past 6-8 months, its simple "black bread wire wrap" it come with a loaf of bread simple but effective, trust me this works better than a ring because it will break in half as soon as you sit on your keys. a ring is to hard for that thin piece of plastic, enjoy!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    The MobileMate comes with two "caps" that snap on over the USB connector. One has a belt clip, the other has a keyring attachment. I have my MobileMate on my keyring at all times, and it's sturdy.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Mobilemate is 2.0

Not sure about the Trio