1.    #1  
    Another mail question.. I have Versimail setup on my VZN Treo 650 to access a couple of my web mail apps (gmail, yahoo).

I notice when I use the USB cable to HotSync the Treo with my PC, it performs a sync with Versamail.. it appears to be connecting to those services.. Does anyone know more about this - is it trying to connect so it can download the latest mail to the Treo? If this is the case, how do I turn this off (it seems that this functionality would make sense for a Palm that is not wireless).

In addition to being redundant to wireless connectivity to my web mail, it also seriously slows down the HotSync process.

Any info is appreciate!
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    - Versamail for Exchange Mail & Calendar / Yahoo / GMail
    - VZN Wireless Sync for my Exchange contacts..
    NO CABLES!!
  2.    #2  
    Also - does anyone know why I can receive Yahoo mail, but cannot send (I use thier paid service).

I get the error "502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)" - I have tried many things..
    - changing the password
    - turning on authentication / turning off (on incoming mail)
    - changing the port # from 25 to 587 (on incoming mail)

still - cannot send??? any thoughts?
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    NO CABLES!!
  3.    #3  
    bump.. anyone? I sent an e-mail to Yahoo.. but surprise - no response yet!
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    NO CABLES!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldretrvr
    I notice when I use the USB cable to HotSync the Treo with my PC, it performs a sync with Versamail.. it appears to be connecting to those services.. Does anyone know more about this - is it trying to connect so it can download the latest mail to the Treo? If this is the case, how do I turn this off (it seems that this functionality would make sense for a Palm that is not wireless).

In addition to being redundant to wireless connectivity to my web mail, it also seriously slows down the HotSync process.
    So - I have discovered that the Versimail app that gets installed on my desktop has an advanced confuration screen where I can 'uncheck' the option - "Enable HotSync Synchronization"

To do this.. go to the Advanced Screen, and on the General tab, this option is in the top portion of the screen..

I can receive Yahoo mail, but cannot send (I use thier paid service).

I get the error "502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)"
    On a side note.. this problem seems to have resolved itself - I bet having it sync via the "HotSync" process reset something.. so the very thing I wanted to turn off, may have fixed things
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    NO CABLES!!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...+unimplemented

look at my post here, this worked for me, all okay now.