1.    #1  
    I wonder if anyone has experienced the following problem.. (using VZN Treo 650 and WirelessSync)

Before today, I had not setup WirelessSync to get mail from my Exchange Server.. and was using Versimail for yahoo and gmail access. To update my Contacts / Calendar / Memos I would hotsync via the usb cable.

Today I setup the VZN Wireless Sync, and all e-mail functions seem to be working for my current needs.. however, I still have not seen any outlook / exchange sync for Contacts / Calendar / Memos / etc.. so far just my e-mail.

I would not mind that the contacts / etc are not sync'ing via wireless sync, EXCEPT the setup of WS seems to have stepped on the Outlook Conduits, and now using HotSync does not work for those items..

Even if those items were sync'ing wirelessly via WS, it is still not a solid solution for me, because I have a 2nd PC at home I like to sync my palm up with to ensure my Contacts / Datebook / Memos are the same at home as they are on the Palm and at work.

Does anyone have any ideas? In searching around the forums I found one thread that seems to indicate this is know problem, but nothing more.

Thanks in advance for any help..
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    - Versamail for Exchange Mail & Calendar / Yahoo / GMail
    - VZN Wireless Sync for my Exchange contacts..
    NO CABLES!!
  2.    #2  
    I found this info at Palm's

HotSync automatically disabled by Verizon Wireless Sync, can't enable in HotSync Manager

the info at that link seems to indicate that the HotSync conduits to Palm Desktop are disabled by Verizon's WS - but that you can continue to Sync with Outlook..

Can anyone confirm this? How?

Thanks
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    NO CABLES!!
    Quote Originally Posted by goldretrvr
    I found this info at Palm's

HotSync automatically disabled by Verizon Wireless Sync, can't enable in HotSync Manager

the info at that link seems to indicate that the HotSync conduits to Palm Desktop are disabled by Verizon's WS - but that you can continue to Sync with Outlook..

Can anyone confirm this? How?

Thanks
    Here is how I fixed the same problem when I tried to sync with PocketMirror XT.
    Launch Wireless Sync
    Menu button
    go to Setup/Connection Settings..Open
    in Connection Settings lower right hand corner press "Advanced" ..Open
    very bottom of Advanced Settings screen
    place a check mark in box "Enable other sync apps"
    My VZW Sync does give me Exchange calendar, tasks, and contacts in addition to email. Because this works so well, I haven't even tried to use the cradle sync in weeksas it's really only useful now for installing new software. I can't say why your's doesn't work, but I can tell you that it's designed to.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    My VZW Sync does give me Exchange calendar, tasks, and contacts in addition to email. Because this works so well, I haven't even tried to use the cradle sync in weeksas it's really only useful now for installing new software. I can't say why your's doesn't work, but I can tell you that it's designed to.
    I wish I knew why Does anyone know of any type of log I can review or settings I can check/tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    Here is how I fixed the same problem when I tried to sync with PocketMirror XT.
    Launch Wireless Sync
    Menu button
    go to Setup/Connection Settings..Open
    in Connection Settings lower right hand corner press "Advanced" ..Open
    very bottom of Advanced Settings screen
    place a check mark in box "Enable other sync apps"
    I stumbled upon this information last evening (checking the "Enable other sync apps" option in WS settings) and it appears to have resolved the issue of hot syncing, however I now get duplicates when I sync between my two computers..
    - only the current weeks events are duplicated
    - about 1/3rd of my contacts are duplicated

The most frustrating part of the hotsync performance is that my 4 year old Palm M505 never had a single problem syncing between two computers (palm desktop or outlook).

Thanks for the info sleibow.. do you get dupes as well - or do you keep your hotsync to one machine?
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    NO CABLES!!
  6.    #6  
    Does anyone know the reason behind the e-mail from Verizon Wireless Sync, with contents along these lines:

SYNCLOGCV1/VZl925whlMTwDGWPmi2zak4MK2WLSxhma6/Z(:CGOLCNYS

I've seen it pop into my inbox - but its gone if I dont go looking at it right away (or even if I do)..

just curious..
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    NO CABLES!!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i know the story with this. i had the same issue with hotsync not bringing contacts and calendar over. a verizon wiresless sync update is required which you can get from https://www4.wirelesssync.vzw.com/en/logon.asp. go through all the steps and download the software onto your treo. run the update. then change settings on treo to allow for multiple sync clients.

a 10 minute call to verizon wireless data technical service will tell you the same thing.
    I'm wondering if anybody ever found a solution to this problem. I'm also having problems syncing my Verizon 650 -- but only after I activated my Wireless Sync to get e-mail. I took the advice mentioned in this thread and checked the "allow other Sync apps" option under Wireless Sync. However, I'm concerned about possible duplications now.

I wnat to be able to sync between two computers.

I went to Verizon's Wireless Sync webiste as Sundstrom recommended, but I didn't find a sync update.

Anyone....????? Anyone......? Bueller.....???