Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Emails receive while Chatter is not running (or running in the background) via IMAP push, however, when I compose a new message, for instance, to my moblog with attached photos, and I click the home button right after hitting send, the message will not hit my SMTP server (Gmail) until I open chatter back up and it does it's thing.

Is this normal?
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    yup.. same here
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I just started noticing this behavior as well. I use Yahoo's SMTP server and FastMail (IMAP) for everything else. My Chatter version is the latest beta (1.0.5.2b29).
    No, that's not right. I send in the background all the time. I suspect what at least the Gmail sender is seeing is that you can't use SSL in the background (defaultly; you can allow for it, if you don't mind the occasional reset).

Marc
    The latest version I downloaded actually enables background SSL by default. Anyway, I can receive over SSL just fine in background as well. I just can't send in background using TLS or SSL. I've sent the developer a quick e-mail regarding this issue, since it's the one thing that's keeping me from buying it(and a friend from trying it out.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfactor
    The latest version I downloaded actually enables background SSL by default. Anyway, I can receive over SSL just fine in background as well. I just can't send in background using TLS or SSL. I've sent the developer a quick e-mail regarding this issue, since it's the one thing that's keeping me from buying it(and a friend from trying it out.)
    Heh, I didn't realize that was Marc posting it. Anyway, yeah, the latest one I downloaded had background SSL on by default. I haven't seen any resets from it. Anything I can try to get SMTP background working?
    What version are you running?

Marc
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm running 1.0.5.1[81:28]

Background SSL works fine, it's just background SMTP with an SSL server (Gmail's SMTP specifically) that doesn't work. For example, I can't send a message and hit the home button, I have to wait for the message to send thru otherwise it puts it on hold until the next time I launch Chatter.
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    This is fixed in the beta...

Marc
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Do I have to be a paying customer to download the beta? If not, where do I get it from? I'm currently undergoing the 30 day free trial.
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I'm evaluating the betas myself...no purchase required.