1.    #1  
    My treo 650 won't hotsync.I tried but an error is generated saying something about conduits and me changing one to "do nothing".I went to the custom box and tried changing some conduit's actions to "do nothing" but hotsync still won't complete.Has anyone experienced this too?
    Last edited by Hu$tle; 06/01/2005 at 09:36 AM.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    Paste your Hotsync log into your reply; that'll give us something to go on.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Paste your Hotsync log into your reply; that'll give us something to go on.
    Thanks man.Here it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSync Log
    HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:18:49

HotSync Error: An application cancelled sychronization or failed to respond to a HotSync notification. Please ensure that you are not currently editing data using applications such as Palm OS Desktop or Install Tool. (8009)

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:19:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:14:33

HotSync Error: An application cancelled sychronization or failed to respond to a HotSync notification. Please ensure that you are not currently editing data using applications such as Palm OS Desktop or Install Tool. (8009)

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:14:35

HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:13:57

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:13:59

HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:13:23

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:13:24

HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:12:38

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:12:40

HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:11:30

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:11:32

HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:10:43

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:10:55

HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:09:49

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:09:51

HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:08:37

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:08:44

HotSync operation started for BoyWonder on 06/01/05 09:06:21

HotSync operation completed on 06/01/05 09:06:35

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

See if this helps.
  5.    #5  
    See if this helps.
    You're great! Thanks for the info! ts syncing perfectly now.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

See if this helps.
    Bill:

You did such a great job for Hu$tle, I was hoping you might be willing to help me as well. I am having trouble syncing my Outlook Calendar to my T650. Everything else in outlook 2003 synced right away. I ahve used Palms and Pims for 10 years so I have 1700 contacts and 4000+ calendar items. The only problem is the calendar. i have worked with Verizon and PalmOne tech support. I did the 1.1 and 1.2 updates. I deleted all duplicate entries in teh calendar. 3000 of the 4000 calendar items are on my T650 but the rest are not. Palm one tells me that I have a corrupt calendar item in Outlook and that the only way to find it is to move 10 years of calendar items (3 months at a time) to a different (non-sync) folder until Hot sync works. This will take forever with 10 years of data. is there any other way to find the corrupt entry? Here is my last hotsync log (the error is always the same):

HotSync operation started for DJH on 06/02/05 07:19:52

OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0010
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    -- Backing up EAContentDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\EAContentDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Blazer Field Autofill to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\Blazer_Field_Autofill.PDB
    -- Backing up PhoneCallDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\PhoneCallDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Blazer Cookies to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\Blazer_Cookies.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up CSRecordOutSyncInboxDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\CSRecordOutSyncInboxDB.PDB
    -- Backing up CSRecordOutEAContentDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\CSRecordOutEAContentDB.PDB
    -- Backing up FrameworkDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\FrameworkDB.PDB
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 06/02/05 07:30:41
    The only suggestion I have is to be smart about the corrupt item. I would assume that the corrupt calendar item is a more recent one. I'd move items more like a week at a time to a non-sync folder and try to sync to see if that fixes it. After trying this several times and you haven't found the problem - then I think my assumption wasn't valid and your are in trouble with the amount of records you've got to sort through to find the corrup one.

I had a similar problem, although since I use Active synch and corp mail folder size limits, I have a lot fewer records that I synch to my Treo and it wasn't too bad to find the problem.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    Bill:

You did such a great job for Hu$tle, I was hoping you might be willing to help me as well. I am having trouble syncing my Outlook Calendar to my T650. Everything else in outlook 2003 synced right away. I ahve used Palms and Pims for 10 years so I have 1700 contacts and 4000+ calendar items. The only problem is the calendar. i have worked with Verizon and PalmOne tech support. I did the 1.1 and 1.2 updates. I deleted all duplicate entries in teh calendar. 3000 of the 4000 calendar items are on my T650 but the rest are not. Palm one tells me that I have a corrupt calendar item in Outlook and that the only way to find it is to move 10 years of calendar items (3 months at a time) to a different (non-sync) folder until Hot sync works. This will take forever with 10 years of data. is there any other way to find the corrupt entry? Here is my last hotsync log (the error is always the same):

OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    - Recovery Sync

Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    -- Backing up EAContentDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\EAContentDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Blazer Field Autofill to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\Blazer_Field_Autofill.PDB
    -- Backing up PhoneCallDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\PhoneCallDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Blazer Cookies to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\Blazer_Cookies.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up CSRecordOutSyncInboxDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\CSRecordOutSyncInboxDB.PDB
    -- Backing up CSRecordOutEAContentDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\CSRecordOutEAContentDB.PDB
    -- Backing up FrameworkDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\DJH\Backup\FrameworkDB.PDB
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 06/02/05 07:30:41

I have a calendar sync problem twice with the same error message you displayed. Each time, I used FileZ to delete the CalendarDB file. Then in the conduit I set Outlook to override Handheld. It fixed the problem each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    Bill:

OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed...
    Try this:
    1) Restart your computer by clicking on "Start/Shut Down/Restart".

2) After your computer finishes restarting and before you open Outlook or any other applications, go to "Start/Run" and type "outlook /resetfolders". Make sure you leave a space after the word “outlook” but no space after the forward slash “/” and don't include the quotes.

Note: This command resets the link that may have been lost to the Default folders (Outlook Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, & Notes). The only obvious result from running this command is Outlook opening.

3) Re-synchronize.
    Try this:
    1) Restart your computer by clicking on "Start/Shut Down/Restart".

2) After your computer finishes restarting and before you open Outlook or any other applications, go to "Start/Run" and type "outlook /resetfolders". Make sure you leave a space after the word “outlook” but no space after the forward slash “/” and don't include the quotes.

Note: This command resets the link that may have been lost to the Default folders (Outlook Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, & Notes). The only obvious result from running this command is Outlook opening.

3) Re-synchronize.
    Thanks Bill. I had already done this as part of the P1 tech support troubleshooting. They also had me delete calendar items that went past midnight and recurring items. None of these solutions are working. I wonder if there is a software program that will find the bad entry?
    Hallelujah! Problem solved. I went to other threads on this site and found that some people had been told to abandon Palm conduits for the Chapura conduits that we all used to use on older palms. There are two. Keysuites is the expensive one that replaces your PIM and Pocket Mirror is in the inexpensive one that just hotsyncs to your existing PIM. I used Keysuites and it worked INSTANTLY. I suspect that Pocket Mirror would also have worked but I can't be certain. THis after days of following PalmOne Tech support from the Phillipines down a dozen bunny trails with no results. Get the word out, just sync with Chapura. Thanks to all for your help.
    I'm glad that worked, but I am nearly positve that for free you could have deleted the CalendarDB and have Outlook override Handheld would have solved the problem. I have done it twice and I read it another post and it worked for several other guys with the same error message. Unless Chapura still comes on the CD. I don't recall.
    I did try your idea about deleting the DB file but it didn't work for me. Buying new software was a last resort. I am happy I did however because the conflict resolution offers an option that hotsnc does not. I can set it so that in the event of a conflict, Outlook overwrites handheld but handheld data is put in a conflict file and presented to me. This is much better in my opinion. Thanks for all of your help. This blog is great.
    I may have to look into Chapura again. I had forgotten about the conflict resolution file. thanks,
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if Chapura PM XT plays well w/Datebk5?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    See if this helps.
    Seems just my luck link does not work.
    Anyone got a working link to this?
    thanks
    I can't get to that old link either. I'm having a similar problem from the original post here and want to know what will fix it, other than buying some other software. Events don't seem to be syncing in Calendar, though everything else seems to work fine. Below is a copy of my HotSync log file.

I don't really care about the events from several months back right now, so have been ignoring the messages about "multi-day repeating appointment". This problem started when I had to switch my calendar to outlook 2003 & Exchange at my company. It used to be syncing to Oracle Calendar with other conduits, and the company moved the calendar to Exchange, so I'm sure that is why old events are screwed up. I don't get that error message on any events that were created since the switch.

----------------------------------------------------

HotSync operation started for PetesTreo on 12/20/07 10:39:38

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    OK Documents To Go
    Outlook Calendar
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled wooden duck sale 9-9 f-su beginning 10/26/2007 01:00:00 AM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Sai On Vacation beginning 10/14/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Steve S on Vacation beginning 10/14/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Yalon on vacation beginning 09/27/2007 01:00:00 AM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled West Coast Green beginning 09/20/2007 01:00:00 AM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Yalon on vacation beginning 09/13/2007 01:00:00 AM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Peter in Atlanta beginning 09/10/2007 01:00:00 AM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Chris on vacation beginning 09/09/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Scott T Vacation beginning 08/29/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Jan visits beginning 08/29/2007 01:00:00 AM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Ruth on vacation beginning 08/27/2007 02:00:00 AM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    OLERR:03-005E (0x80004003)
    OLERR:03-0008
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Glen in CMMI Class/Wash DC beginning 08/13/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Lee on vaca tion beginning 07/29/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Steve Roberts Vacation beginning 07/29/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled STS - Glen in PAS beginning 07/16/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Lee Corvin - Vacation beginning 07/04/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Moise Lacy on Vacation beginning 07/04/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    The multi-day repeating appointment titled Chris on vacation beginning 07/04/2007 09:00:00 PM cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize.
    OLERR:03-005E (0x8002801d)
    OLERR:03-0008
    OLERR:03-000F (0x80029c4a)
    OLERR:05-0003
    - Recovery Sync

Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    -- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache0 to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\MMIDCache0.PDB
    -- Backing up HSTraceDatabase to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\HSTraceDatabase.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up Queries to C:\Documents and Settings\vollrathp\My Documents\App Data\Palm\PetesT\Backup\Queries.PDB
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 12/20/07 10:41:53

-------------------------------------
    Last edited by pvollrath; 12/20/2007 at 12:57 PM. Reason: correction