1.    #1  
    Okay, I after giving my imei # to the cingular rep I got the unlock code for my phone. I type in *#*#[8 digit code]# and pushed the green button. I got the message "The Sim lock has been successfully been removed from your phone." However I tried putting in an active SIM from another carrier and it says "The sim card you a trying to use will not work on this phone (I am paraphrasing but something like that)" and it says "No-Service - SOS Only" on the top.

I called back cingular and read them the unlock code they gave me and the new rep said that is the right code. So what could the problem be and how can I fix it?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Who is the other SIM from? I did what you describe and it took my T-mobile SIM right away.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Maybe I'll try my Virgin (UK) card tonight just to see if it works too...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize
    Who is the other SIM from? I did what you describe and it took my T-mobile SIM right away.
    My other SIM is from AT&T Wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    My other SIM is from AT&T Wireless.

AT&T wireless SIM cards that havent been used for a while are being disabled because of the merger with the companies... happened to me for my cellular modem internet access card...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by camatulli
    AT&T wireless SIM cards that havent been used for a while are being disabled because of the merger with the companies... happened to me for my cellular modem internet access card...
    While this may be true, the phone wouldnt give me the message "The sim card you a trying to use will not work on this phone." Instead, it just wouldnt work.