1.    #1  
    I have been experiencing trouble with my Treo 600. every once in a while I will hear a short tone and my screen will say my battery is critically low and will shut down in 30 seconds. When it shuts down I will try to turn it on again and the screen will fade out. I am sure it has had close to full charge. I can plug it in and some times it will immediately start to charge and show the battery of high level as I expect. Other times it will show a full green battery with a red X over it. I have done much research but have found no explaination for this red X . I have done a cradle reset. The problem will still occur.
    How long have you been using this handset?
  3.    #3  
    It is about six months old. FileZ tells me my battery currently has 4.08v. Do you know what the red X on the green battery symbol means
    Quote Originally Posted by bdyprts
    I have been experiencing trouble with my Treo 600. every once in a while I will hear a short tone and my screen will say my battery is critically low and will shut down in 30 seconds. When it shuts down I will try to turn it on again and the screen will fade out. I am sure it has had close to full charge. I can plug it in and some times it will immediately start to charge and show the battery of high level as I expect. Other times it will show a full green battery with a red X over it. I have done much research but have found no explaination for this red X . I have done a cradle reset. The problem will still occur.
    try this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81383
  5.    #5  
    I'll give it a shot after I back up later. What is the X, though?
    To me, it really looks like there is something wrong with your battery.

It should still be under warranty. I would contact PalmOne first, although it's really a pain in the ... Tried several times and all gave up after 30+ mins hold.
    Take it into your phone store. Have a tech run a diagnostic. You might get a new phone. I was having the same prob with a 15 month old phone and I got a new phone for $10. I didnt even have to claim with lockline.
    Well behaved women rarely make history