Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thought I'd start a thread regarding things I find on my Treo 650 that I hope I can delete to save space. The following may or may not be deletable -- anyone care to share his/her views or add others?

1) One of CalendarDb-PDat and DatebookDB
    2) One of ContactsDB-PAdd and AddressDB
    3) One of TasksDB-PTod and ToDODB
    4) One of MemosDB-PMem and MemoDB
    5) MultiMail Messag... and several other MultiMail files [what is MultiMail? -- I didn't add it.]
    6) 00FB
    7) MMID Cache0 etc. (MultiMail?)
    8) ShimLogs
    9) PacerSRCD80 etc.

Some of these are only 80 bytes, but given the Treo's NVFS, they can take quite a chunk of memory.

Wo
    The MultiMail files are associated with Versamail - if you use a 3rd party app for e-mail you can delete them but they are in ROM so you'd have to flash a custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by wocius
    Thought I'd start a thread regarding things I find on my Treo 650 that I hope I can delete to save space. The following may or may not be deletable -- anyone care to share his/her views or add others?

1) One of CalendarDb-PDat and DatebookDB
    2) One of ContactsDB-PAdd and AddressDB
    3) One of TasksDB-PTod and ToDODB
    4) One of MemosDB-PMem and MemoDB
    The CalendarDb-PDat, ContactsDB-PAdd, TasksDB-PTod, MemosDB-PMem contain your Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos. Don't delete them!!

The DatebookDB, AddressDB, ToDODB, MemoDB are created by the infamous "Datamanager" patch that PalmOne uses to provide compatibility with older software that expects these files. If you delete these, they will magically reappear if you use any software that was not specifically written for the newer PalmOne devices.

There is a powerful (but dangerous if you don't know what you are doing) utility called dbScan. Read this to get an idea:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=85935
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A