1.    #1  
    I have a Scala 500 and just lost the holder to recharge, have the AC adapter though. Instead of buying a replacement, I want to make sure there isn't a better headset for my Treo 650.

I have a friend who has a Motorola HS 820 and it sounds great on my end. I don't hear any noise when he is in his car. I understand from friends my Scala doesn't sound as good as the Treo by itself. The sound on my end is OK, but I'm looking for what is best now.

By the way, I bought my Scala from Dan's on Ebay for $36 and they want $85 for Motorola, is it worth the extra money?

Would appreciate your comments on latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy
    I have a Scala 500 and just lost the holder to recharge, have the AC adapter though. Instead of buying a replacement, I want to make sure there isn't a better headset for my Treo 650.

I have a friend who has a Motorola HS 820 and it sounds great on my end. I don't hear any noise when he is in his car. I understand from friends my Scala doesn't sound as good as the Treo by itself. The sound on my end is OK, but I'm looking for what is best now.

By the way, I bought my Scala from Dan's on Ebay for $36 and they want $85 for Motorola, is it worth the extra money?

Hi. My Scala 500 got run over by a car so I have the holder/charger for sale if you are interested (see my post in the marketplace). Just send me a private message. I actually found it to be pretty good before it got run over.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    i have a sony erikson hbh660 ($60ish from dan's) and i have ZERO complaints
    I have a Moto 820 for sale.- $50 shipped let me know if you are interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy

This became an Ebay thread...

I think the Scala is one of the best, and also the hbh660 (Iuse the Scala) What pisses me off, is how people compare those to the Motorolas, which DO NOT pick up by themselves, you have to press the headset to pick up the call. Maybe they are clear,(I had the hs810) but I found it VERY annoying to have to press the headset all day, my ears literally hurt me after the day was over. So I would give up a little (very little) clarity over convenience, isn't that the reason we have bluetooth? if you want clarity, there is nothing like wired...
    Just bought my first bt headset, the Motorola HS850 and was not impressed, constant low volume static and very poor range with my 650. Would the Scala sound better ? I would like something close to wired sound quality, does that exist yet ? I have wi fi in my office and that mat be part of the issue but when walking outside the static continued