Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I'm interersted -- how many of you are using WirelessSync vs other 3rd party email clients (snapper, chatter, ...)?
    Snapper for me. I have tried Wireless Sync, Aileron, Inbox to Go, etc and keep going back to Snapper.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    goodlink for me on my 2 t650's.. tried WS and Chatter on my wifes Treo650 but GoodLink was a superior product for me (with a hosted exchange and all).. though not cheap by any means..
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    wow - you are using GoodLink for personal needs. How much does the entire package run ya?
    None. Using Versamail right now. I have my own mail servers and when I installed Eudora it killed me and I had to do a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue212
    wow - you are using GoodLink for personal needs. How much does the entire package run ya?
    goodlink is 330/year per device.. mine is for business, my wifes is for personal. She really like the instant email and features on mine so i got her a treo with goodlink too.. on hers, I tried Versamail, ChatterMail and VZW WS. I also tried WS for everything but email, and paired it with ChatterEmail for mail so I could get the full sync going. worked OK, but GoodLink was still a better combination in my opinion (though it has a few shortcomings that I would be even happier if they fixed)...
    using chattermail
    ChatterEmail
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Snapper...

I had some serious stability issues with Chatteremail. I could crash it everytime when I accessed my folders from 2day...
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch
    Snapper...

I had some serious stability issues with Chatteremail. I could crash it everytime when I accessed my folders from 2day...
    that's a stability issue with 2day not chatter. Have you used the latest 2day? Works great for me with this feature...I know there was a new update as recently as today.
    I have tried every known email app for the 600 now the 650 verizon, and keep coming back to Snapper...it simply is the best!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    I have tried every known email app for the 600 now the 650 verizon, and keep coming back to Snapper...it simply is the best!!!
    Well i used snapper for about 3 weeks and couldn't stand it. Now I switched to chatter and couldn't be happier. The email program is more powerful and with a new imap chatteremail account, I get my email instantaneously which is amazing. Better than BlackBerry!!!
    Chatter
    I think most of the users in this thread (not all, but many) are using their devices as individual email units (meaning, not connected to Exchange or Notes, in a company setting), so you're getting responses that are skewed to POP and IMAP access. I think the poll should go:

- Are you using your Treo for
    a) individual use, to access a POP or IMAP server. If so, what mail client do you run?
    or,
    b) corporate use, to access your company's Exchange or Domino server? if so, do you use Good or Wireless Sync, or what?

See what I mean?
    a) Individual - Chatter
    b) Corporate - Chatter

That is how much trust I have in this program. While Novell Groupwise does not support IDLE, I just Quicksync when necessary.

The only issue I've come across - which I'd really like to get feedback from you Verizon/Chatter users out there - is that push email seems to be delayed for me a bit. I don't get my Fastmail emails pushed to Chatter instanteously many times.

Are there Verizon (or Verizonized "Sprint")/Chatter users out there that get ALL of their IMAP emails pushed to them instantaneously (a la Blackberry)?

I've been working with Marc on this issue. But PLEASE give me your feedback so that I can troubleshoot.

Thanks!
    Last edited by illustreous; 06/01/2005 at 12:26 PM.
    I like snapper the best.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Bump. C'mon guys

Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    a) Individual - Chatter
    b) Corporate - Chatter

That is how much trust I have in this program. While Novell Groupwise does not support IDLE, I just Quicksync when necessary.

The only issue I've come across - which I'd really like to get feedback from you Verizon/Chatter users out there - is that push email seems to be delayed for me a bit. I don't get my Fastmail emails pushed to Chatter instanteously many times.

Are there Verizon (or Verizonized "Sprint")/Chatter users out there that get ALL of their IMAP emails pushed to them instantaneously (a la Blackberry)?

I've been working with Marc on this issue. But PLEASE give me your feedback so that I can troubleshoot.

Thanks!
    Snapper.

I'd think about Chatter if I was on a data plan, but as I'm not (MOU), and am at my desk most of the workday and don't have a dire need for emails on the go, Snapper and POP is sufficient for me. Allows me to check email while out of town, etc.

Always on connection and battery drain are my main concerns with Chatter.
    I have a 700P on VZW and am using Wireless Sync and have no problems at all. I have it set up for my Groupwise and a couple of other accts, IMAP and POP3.

I did just set up Groupwise Mobile on a co worker's on a 650 on VZW and now I cannot sync his calender, contacts and memos via a hotsync on his POS desktop, it says sync failed Anyone know, is there a setting in Groupwise Mobile to allow it to still sync from the POS desktop? thanks
    Chatter rules, period.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast