1.    #1  
    I posted this message on the Sprint/VZ board but no one seems to have an answer.

I searched the forums and could find any info on this. I am trying to turn off the sounds that are initiated when the phone service is turned off or turned on (when the VZW splash screen pops up). Manual toggle switch will not solve the problem because I am using TreoGuard to turn off the phone at night and turn it on in the morning. I do not want to be woken up by these actions. Any suggestions?
    Go to prefs>sounds>general and turn the system volume off.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Beavis, but that turns off all system sounds, including the key press sounds. I just want to turn the splash screen sounds off, nothing else.
  4.    #4  
    <bump>

No one have an answer????
    Last edited by NewYorker545; 06/07/2005 at 02:10 PM.
  5. GXX
    Curious about this also. That initial startup ring is loud!
  6.    #6  
    bump
    I believe you could use ProfileCare to turn off the system sounds, enable/disable the radio, then re-enable the system sounds on your schedule. I've never tried this myself but I imagine it would be possible.
  8.    #8  
    Ok, thanks. Sounds like a multi-step process that should be a simple on/off switch.
    Using the volume off switch on the top of the Treo can achieve this. However, it is of course a manual process and turns off all sounds. This is still useful when you need to be discrete.

Damon
    I've gotten where if I'm cycling the radio for whatever reason, including a reboot (or I get a crash) I flip the switch. When it comes back up and PowerUp turns on the radio, it's quiet. A few seconds into the splash screen, I turn the switch back on.
    Can't we just delete the welcome and goodbye sound files from the Sounds database? Anyone able to provide instructions?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Using the volume off switch on the top of the Treo can achieve this. However, it is of course a manual process and turns off all sounds. This is still useful when you need to be discrete.

Damon
    Understood, and I do use the switch during meetings. As I stated in my original post, I would like to use TreoAlarm to automatically turn the radio on/off and still have use of Alarm soundsl, so manually flipping the ringer switch to off is not an option.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhanson
    Can't we just delete the welcome and goodbye sound files from the Sounds database? Anyone able to provide instructions?
    This sounds like a good compromise. Now, if anyone can provide instructions on how to delete these sound files (or rename them), it would be greatly appreciated!
    I have been asking this question for some time. If anybody can figure this out, I'm sure it could be put to good use. Instead of a silent tone, I wouldn't mine changing the sound to something more fun.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Seems liek it would be simple. There are hacks to change the startup and shutdown picture, so would something similar work to just replace the sound with a empty file?
    bump?
    I hope there is a way to work on this. I want to shut the tone off when the radio turns on cos i schedule to reset everynite at 3am