1.    #1  
    On my second 650 in as many days because of the low earpiece volume, Orange said they would send a replacement to solve this issue and guess what...same again. Volume is fine on palm bluetooth and on speaker volume, but as for the earpiece!

And ditto other comments here about not being able to access favourites from the dialpad, all screenshots I've seen have this as an option, including in the ads on these pages and in the current issue of UK macuser magazine where the phone is shown as being on the vodaphone network.

I keep reading threads here and elsewhere about firmware 1.23 which is sitting on my desk as a file marked start.prc. I'm reluctant to start meddling but anyone know if this will solve the above? Also is it as straightforward as installing other software?

David
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    As 1.23 is not an official firmware upgrade it would probably invalidate your warranty. I think we are all waiting for a firmware upgrade that fixes a raft of problems with the device, volume being among one of them.
    Get Orange to swap your device again just to prove the hardware. If it is still faulty raise the issue in writing with Orange, as a telco they have a lot more weight with the developer than the users, as you can imagine, you and I may buy one device they buy thousands.

Regards

Tim Jordan
    Have a look at the threads in the Worldwide GSM section of the board. A bit more focus on the issues with the Orange version there. I fell out with Orange over there customer service but may still return as buying an unlocked device without the backup of a network worries me especially with the current issues. If I do go back I am tempted with FW 1.23 as far as the warranty issue is concerned I have read a few posts from other members who upgraded their Treo 600s and then returned to Orange with no problems. I second Tim's advice, if you're not happy with the phone keep exchanging until you get one that works.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I can confirm that FW 1.23 does not fix the low call volume issue. I am swapping mine with Orange tomorrow to see if a new Treo makes any difference......

Hopefully they won't mind that I have wiped their Orange software from the device!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  5.    #5  
    Hicks...did the new phone solve the volume problem?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Prever- I'm afraid not!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo