Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for it, but can't find it! Anyone out there know someone - anyone - who makes a case like this:

• Flip or book-type
    • Leather (tan preferred)
    • Removable cover (this seems to be the hardest spec to find)
    • No velcro
    • Great workmanship
    • Access to all ports
    • Strap to cover SD

The Sena Magnetflip covers everything except the removable cover. I'm not sure I could live without that though. I'm not thrilled with the idea of the flap hanging down while I'm talking. Maybe one of the Sena owners out there could convince me otherwise.
    I really liked the Sprint Treo 650 case that they included when I bought my Treo 650 at a SprintPCS store.

1. It is a flip type case
    2. Leather (black)
    3. Removable cover (cover snaps on each end of treo- adds a bit of extra bulk)
    4. No velcro
    5. Nice workmanship- snaps are solide- good clip
    6. Access to all ports (except sync port when cover is on and snapped)
    7. Top cover snap covers SD card.

I switched to a Sena magnetflipper (which I really like) only because the Sena includes SD card holders and the top snap on the Sprint case got a bit cumberson to unsnap and snap to take the cover off and on.

You can view the case here (scroll to Leather Case)

Good luck.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    I switched to a Sena magnetflipper (which I really like) only because the Sena includes SD card holders and the top snap on the Sprint case got a bit cumberson to unsnap and snap to take the cover off and on.
    Cool. But then you switched to the Sena. Which one do you like better?
    I just got this one:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-22--237.htm

I did not like it at first because the case for my old phone had "clicks" on the swivel so I could position the phone right where I wanted and it wouldn't move. But then I realized that the free swivel PROTECTED my Treo - when I sat down, the treo "moved" out of the way of my gut!

No plastic over the keyboards, access to ALL ports and camera, and I can comfortably type with it. It does have a bit of velcro on the bottom, to close the lid, but I find it to be very reliable thus far. I'm the type who wears things to the limits, and this case certainly looks like it will hold up for me.
    Perfect is in the "use" of the Treo holder.

My perfect case is the horizontal belt clip holster by PalmOne. Always securely at my side. EZ in and out. I like the feel of using the "uncovered" Treo. I created a pocket at one end to hold 2 SD cards (a perfect space for this). At the other end, I cut to just underneath the headset hole, so I could slip the Treo in and out of it's holster without unplugging my headset or headphones.

May the case be with you.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    When I first got my HS Visor (2/00) I started looking for a case to keep it in. I tried 3 or 4 and then found the E&B case "Slipper Visor". I absolutely fell in love with it. When I upgraded to the Clie, a new E&B case was the first accessory purchase for it.

I have every intention of ordering a new E&B case for the 650 this week.

All I'm saying is that I think VERY highly of the E&B cases.
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fearless613
    The Sena Magnetflip covers everything except the removable cover. I'm not sure I could live without that though. I'm not thrilled with the idea of the flap hanging down while I'm talking. Maybe one of the Sena owners out there could convince me otherwise.
    I didn't have the Sena but I didn't mind the flap on the Mobiblu case - it actually worked well to hold onto while on the phone. The case did rub off some of the finish around the screen, however, so I stopped using it.

My wish list is this:
    flap (removable or not),
    no plastic over screen or keyboard,
    no velcro (otherwise the EB case looks nice)
    full coverage when closed
    business card slot (actual room for the cards, a couple of slots for credit cards would be fantastic)
    I bet Sena could make you the case with a removeable flap. I have the one for the 600 http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=315
    which does have a removeable cover. I read someone got Sena to customize their order, so you could too.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rye&ginger
    I bet Sena could make you the case with a removeable flap. I have the one for the 600 http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=315
    which does have a removeable cover. I read someone got Sena to customize their order, so you could too.
    That's what I thought, so I went to Sena first. Here's the e-mail thread, earliest release at the bottom:
    Hi Jon,

Thank you for your interest. The reason that we are not planning to release
    a convertible case in the near future is because we are researching about
    better mechanisms than the one on the current T600 case. Once we feel
    confident with a new mechanism, we may release one.

Regards,
    Ramsey

> Just out of curiosity, why not?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Jon
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: Sena Cases Customer Support [mailto:support@senacases.com]
    > Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:23 AM
    > To: XXXXX
    > Subject: Re: Treo 650 case
    >
    >
    > Dear Jon,
    >
    > We are not planning to release a convertible case for TREO 650 in the near
    > future.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Frank
    >
    >
    > At 07:41 AM 5/25/2005, you wrote:
    >
    >
    > I'd like to buy one of your beautiful cases for the Treo 650. I think
    > they are the best cases on the market, bar none. But I need a case with a
    > removable flip cover, like the one you have on your Treo 600 case. Are you
    > planning to come out with a convertible case for the Treo 650?
    I was thinking of ordering one and seeing what the local cobbler could do to modify it. My leather skills are non-existent.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Well, since I spoke so highly of the E&B cases, I figured I'd post back and tell you that I returned mine today.

In less than a month, the velcro became so frayed that it barely stayed closed (sometimes DIDN'T).

So I'm in the hunt again.

:-(
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon
    I do n't think one exists currently.
    I used to think it was the Vaja T65, but recently the lining has apparently become a little worn, and the 650 now slips out on occasion. It's hit the ground several times in the past few days. I've returned to Vaja for an inspection, but not sure what more they can do. I may end up taping the Treo to the case. It's much too expensive to let it sit around unused.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Jazzi, just put some egrips on the side of your Treo. It will keep the phone in the case but not too tight as to make it impossible to slip out with a push at the bottom if you need to.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  14.    #14  
    I ultimately went for the Sena case, without the removable flap. The quality of workmanship is great, so I'm very happy in that regard. My only issue is that without the removable flap, I have to remove the Treo from the case when I'm in my car to place it in its holder/charger.
    I have the Piel Frama. It has a flap, plus cut outs for everything you need cut outs for. My only complaint is that the horizontal piece of leather ride a tad too low and interferes getting to the menu buttons.

None of the cases seem to be perfect but this one is working fine for me......

at the moment!
    Quote Originally Posted by fearless613
    I ultimately went for the Sena case, without the removable flap. The quality of workmanship is great, so I'm very happy in that regard. My only issue is that without the removable flap, I have to remove the Treo from the case when I'm in my car to place it in its holder/charger.
    I was looking for the same case (convertible) that you are. I corresponded with Sena the other day and:

There are planned new releases of cases by the end of this month. Please check our website for product availability. I will try and remember to send you an e-mail when the product you are looking for is ready for public sale.

Regards,

Rhonda

At 06:17 AM 7/13/2005, you wrote:

>I was wanting to know if you are planning on making the convertible case that you had for the Treo 600 available for the Treo 650. It's the best case I've found >and I would very much like to purchase it when/if you are selling it. Please feel free to email or call me when it's available. Thanks,

Now, of course that's not a guarantee, but I will follow up with them and certainly post here if/when the release happens.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    Jazzi, just put some egrips on the side of your Treo. It will keep the phone in the case but not too tight as to make it impossible to slip out with a push at the bottom if you need to.
    Or you could try some of Duck Tape's Hold-It for Carpet....it's $7 for 25 feet of that stuff at Wal-Mart. It works surprisingly well, and it appears to me that it might last a little longer than eGrips. Even if it doesn't you've got the potential for like 150 grips for your battery cover!

Heck, you guys might not even need a case anymore because I'm a recovering dropoholic...and since I've put this tape on, life's never been better.

The only problem is that the tape is white. I'll be puttin' a sharpie to it later to see if it'll look any better and still keeps the grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Or you could try some of Duck Tape's Hold-It for Carpet....it's $7 for 25 feet of that stuff at Wal-Mart. It works surprisingly well, and it appears to me that it might last a little longer than eGrips. Even if it doesn't you've got the potential for like 150 grips for your battery cover!

Heck, you guys might not even need a case anymore because I'm a recovering dropoholic...and since I've put this tape on, life's never been better.

The only problem is that the tape is white. I'll be puttin' a sharpie to it later to see if it'll look any better and still keeps the grip.
    Until my dream case comes along, I've settled for the silicon skin w/detachable belt clip sold by DSI. Good protection, great grip, not much width at all added, and sells for $19 shipped from the nice folks at www.notestation.com I ordered on the night of the 11th, and had them in hand on the 14th. Not too shabby for free shipping.
    David
    Personally, I hate the silicon cases more than no case because of how hard it is to pull the phone outta my pocket (especially when I'm sitting down or driving)!!! I can get it...but at the expense of pulling my pocket inside-out or missing the incoming call (and sometimes both).
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Personally, I hate the silicon cases more than no case because of how hard it is to pull the phone outta my pocket (especially when I'm sitting down or driving)!!! I can get it...but at the expense of pulling my pocket inside-out or missing the incoming call (and sometimes both).
    Yeah, seems to be either love or hate - with no in-betweens. Because I'm a belt clip kind of geek, I'm not bothered by the pocket issue. In the car, I always have the Treo on a charger and hanging by the clip to something or other, so it isn't a problem there either. I rarely keep it in my pocket - always on a desk, in hand, or just close by...
    David
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast