1.    #1  
    Is there a size limits on the size of the ringtone you can assign to favorites? I have finally figured out how to add my own ring tones and they work fine. My custom generic (IE, know caller, unknown caller, etc.) ringtones work fine, but when I assign them to a favorite, the phone ignores the choice and uses the default, unless (apparently) I use a ringtone of a certain size.

I have some very small custom ringtones that work, so I am assuming that the larger size ones cannot be assigned. Anyone have any feedback or experience concerning this? The ringtones I am using are about 40K in size.
    This is a bug that's been discussed here alot. Even though it's obvious that the original intent of the designers of the phone app was that the user should be able to assign an individual ringtone to each speed dial entry in Favorites, in practice that is not the case. No matter what you do, only the default ring will be used.

You'll have to use a 3rd party ringtone app to do what you want.
  3.    #3  
    Oh, so you mean that even though when I change the ringtone and it plays in my favorite, it will still only play the default? That sucks. Are they planning to fix it? What 3rd party ringtone apps are there? are any of them freeware?
    No, this is wrong. The problem/bug is that an individual ringtone can only be a midi sound. Sounds in WAVE and AMR format (that's what you would record yourself) don't work as individual ringtones, but they do work as the default ringtone. If you assign a WAVE or AMR as an individual ringtone then the default is played.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    No, this is wrong. The problem/bug is that an individual ringtone can only be a midi sound
    You're right, of course. I stand corrected.
  6.    #6  
    hrmph...

Sounds like a conspiracy of ringtone vendors, put a bug in palm's ear.

Now that REALLY sucks. Anyway around it?
    Quote Originally Posted by nlynton
    hrmph...

Sounds like a conspiracy of ringtone vendors, put a bug in palm's ear.

Now that REALLY sucks. Anyway around it?
    You mean besides using only midi ringtones or a 3rd party ringtone app? No.