1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to disable the auto "redialing the last number you called"?

This is done by pressing and holding the Phone/Send button.

I find this feature annoying and I often initiate an unwanted call because
    of it.

Thanks

Chris Gloor
    Tacoma, Washington
    I installed Take Phone and uninstalled it and then the phone button did not work properly, but it worked in just the way you described. When I pushed the green button it would pull up the phone app, a second press of the button only refreshed the phone app.

It might be worth noting the pressing the button twice is also the only way I know of to get to the call log. I'm sure there's another way, but when I had this issue I could not find it. Anyway, you might want to install and then remove a trial version of Take phone and perhaps you will get the functionality (or lack thereof) that you wish for.
    JW
  3.    #3  
    Hi - installing and removing take phone sounds a flakey way to get my desired result
    but - heck I'll give it a shot. Also - at least on my Sprint Phone in the favorites
    drop-down menu you can make "call log" a clickable option... that is another way to
    get to call-log...
    When the desired result is outside what the device is intended to do (and every other cell phone on the planet) then it my be required to try flaky things to get the buggy behavior desired.

I'm GSM unlocked and I did not know that about the call log being assigned a favirotes button. I will see if I can assign it to a favorite, thanks.

--EDIT-- I didn't see any option for the call log when I attempted to assign it to a favorite button.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgloor
    Is there anyway to disable the auto "redialing the last number you called"?

This is done by pressing and holding the Phone/Send button.

I find this feature annoying and I often initiate an unwanted call because
    of it.

Thanks

Chris Gloor
    Tacoma, Washington
    I agree. It would also be great if the center button is the only way to dial a number. The reason I would like this is if I am in the call log and am going down the list and could not find a number, I can't just press the phone button to go back to the phone screen otherwise it will dial the highlighted number. The same goes for when I'm in my contacts. I have to make sure I'm not highlighting a number if I wanna go back to the phone screen.