Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there an app that is similar to "call shield" or "call fitler" for the 650 and does anybody know if there going to be any updates, or if they work at all, thanks a million!
    how about you use that search feature up above?
    Maybe he already did...
    Quote Originally Posted by PEACHESandDIESE
    Maybe he already did...
    doubtful
    The real answer to both your questions is no. No updates for CallFilter (though at one point they were expected) and no application providing similar functionality currently out for the 650.
    Actually, the new Call Shield beta works with the T650; the link is in a few threads around here as well as the in the Mantragroup forums. It's a beta, so they're still working the kinks out - but at least someone's working on a solution.
  7.    #7  
    thanks guys i actual own a copy of call shield and on the scale 1 to 10 ill give it a 10. it rocks, couldnt live with out it!
    I have 2.5a pro (the latest CallShield) for my T650

Next to useless in "shielding" calls on my GSM Model (firmware 01.23) as it gives "one ring" before refusing the call... i.e. works in exactly the same way as a hangup.

Now if it refused the call immediately and gave a busy signal (instead of giving the impression to the caller you hung up on them) it would be great.

Until then (on my machine at least) it doesn't do me much good.
    the beta version has a "b" designation so you are not using the latest version. And it actually has been working pretty well for me sprint 650. It did filter calls without the pickup and drop issue you mention. It would not log items that it did filter though.
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    where is the "b" version available?
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrooper
    ... gives "one ring" before refusing the call... i.e. works in exactly the same way as a hangup.

Now if it refused the call immediately and gave a busy signal (instead of giving the impression to the caller you hung up on them) it would be great.
    Yes, I agree with you. It'll be much better if it rejects the call immediately (straight to voicemail or busy signal) rather than having it ring 1-2 times before rejection. Caller gets the impression you rejected their calls, rather than thinking the phone is turned off.
    The "b" version seems pretty elusive... where can it be downloaded from? I have tried the website and it isn't there... in fact the only thing there is the T600 version.
    Quote Originally Posted by itzme
    Yes, I agree with you. It'll be much better if it rejects the call immediately (straight to voicemail or busy signal) rather than having it ring 1-2 times before rejection. Caller gets the impression you rejected their calls, rather than thinking the phone is turned off.

If I remember correctly, you need to set it to "ignore" the call rather than "straight to voicemail" and you won't have that 1 or 2 rings... I agree with the caller thinking the phone is just off.. I prefer that to it ringing and then hearing "oh you must be IGNORING ME" ....off to look for the beta version of this..

anyone know if it still causes a freeze on incoming calls? or random resets like it was? These are the problems I was having...

Bek <----registered owner of CS AND CF.
    No matter what option I try it still rings... come on guys where can I find 2.5b ))))
    This would be SUCH a useful program for me )))
    here is a link to the file. if you go to the mantragroup website

http://www.mantragroup.com/

and to the forum section

http://mantragroup.com/forums/login....p&p=0&start=75

this is where they actually discuss and distribute the program, registration to the site use to be free I have not checked reciently.

This is a direct link to the program.

http://www.mantragroup.com/downloads...eldPro-2.5.prc

ALL of this was posted on THIS site you just had to SEARCH!
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    anyone know if it still causes a freeze on incoming calls? or random resets like it was? These are the problems I was having...

Bek <----registered owner of CS AND CF.

With CDMA version of phone this problem was still known to exist and I think is the main reason it is still in beta.
    >ALL of this was posted on THIS site you just had to SEARCH!

I did SEARCH! and came up with this link and followed it a few weeks ago.... which lead to 2.5a (which I have and doesn't work as stated) *not* 2.5b... which is what I am looking for... the elusive 2.5b....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again... does 2.5b exist!!!!!!??????
    Last edited by roguetrooper; 07/01/2005 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    With CDMA version of phone this problem was still known to exist and I think is the main reason it is still in beta.

I have noticed that I only have the screen freeze on incoming calls if there is a RULE set for that particular number and the rule is NOT enabled..In other words, you can't have rules if they're not going to be used (for now I guess) I have had shield on my phone for a week now and not had but one other screen freeze but I only have 2 simple rules set for now.

Bek
    Has anyone found any news about callshield beta and when its going to be out on a regular version?
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    here is a link to the file. if you go to the mantragroup website

http://www.mantragroup.com/

and to the forum section

http://mantragroup.com/forums/login....p&p=0&start=75

this is where they actually discuss and distribute the program, registration to the site use to be free I have not checked reciently.

This is a direct link to the program.

http://www.mantragroup.com/downloads...eldPro-2.5.prc

ALL of this was posted on THIS site you just had to SEARCH!

Most of the links above are now broken...

Where can I get version 2.5a?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast