1.    #1  
    I don't know how many other folks out there were waiting for this, but the new Magnesium Innopocket case for the Treo 650 is available for pre-order with delivery at the end of June.

See http://www.innopocket.com/web/showPr...e&code=HT-3110

Since I managed to crack the faceplate on my aluminum case, this comes just in time (well, maybe a bit late) for me! I sure am glad I had the case or I would have cracked the screen itself!
    thats ugly
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Are you kidding?.... Black is BEAUTIFUL, baybee!

Looks like they've tried to address the 5-way cutout issues too.

Too bad I already bought my aluminum one.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    thats ugly
    True, it will win no beauty contest, but I find my aluminum one to be close to "bullet-proof." Functional and protective. Just what I need!

I'm getting one, but I need to replace mine due to the broken screen protection anyway.
    I also got the "pre-order" notice today. What?! Only a pre-order after waiting all this time? To me, that means anytime between now and Christmas for actual receipt of delivery.

For you guys who have a broken plastic screen cover, you may consider what I did, which is to simply pop out the entire plastic cover. It's easy to do, and is only held on by cheap glue and cheap black neoprene (or whatever it's called). Plus, this means you can actually tap your finger on the screen to do something without opening the lid.

Just an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I also got the "pre-order" notice today. What?! Only a pre-order after waiting all this time? To me, that means anytime between now and Christmas for actual receipt of delivery.

For you guys who have a broken plastic screen cover, you may consider what I did, which is to simply pop out the entire plastic cover. It's easy to do, and is only held on by cheap glue and cheap black neoprene (or whatever it's called). Plus, this means you can actually tap your finger on the screen to do something without opening the lid.

Just an idea.
    Ok, so if you have a broken plastic screen cover and you remove it. What's next? A broken Treo screen?

Al
    Weeeeeell, actually, I also ended up removing the entire front lid! I'm only using the bottom portion of my Innopocket case. I was getting tired of constantly opening the lid. It was too much like having a flip phone, which I can't stand opening. If I could request the manufacturer to make a custom case, it would be to only have the bottom portion of the case that wraps around the top outer edges better for more drop protection. I would like the bottom case to have a deeper inset so there would be more aluminum protection all around the edges. Just my wish.
    My plastic screen has started "popping" lose on the right side, I think where I squeeze it to close the face. I've been pondering reglueing it, but that sounds like a pain. Although I don't think I want to lose the protection of it, although just being recessed inside the case really should be enough protection I would think.