Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    The screw holder seems to be positioned where the clear plastic screen cover folds over. The clear plastic screen cover is inset from the outer magnesium shell. So, it seems to me, the placement of the screw holder would not get in the way of the cover flipping over as much as the SD card holder, which is positioned to interfere with the outer magnesium shell.

In other words, the inset position of the clear plastic screen cover may allow for the screw holder when the case is flipped over. Thus, it may be possible for the front of the case to sit flush against the back of the case if there it didn't have the SD card holder.
    No way. The inset of the plastic is way less that the amount the screw needs to be above the back of the case in order to be able to swivel in the belt clip. If the CD card holder was absent, the cover could come very close to opening up all the way, but not quite - it would still bump into the screw. In the current design, it's unavoidable is you use the swivel clip.

Still, it's a LOT better that the old aluminum cover. I was hoping that the double-hinged cover would mean I could hold the cover folder completely over in my right hand, but that's no possible with the screw in place.

EDIT: Just for curiosity, I took my screw out to see how well it would work. It's pretty good - not perfect, but i can hold it in one hand with the cover folded back..
    Last edited by westronic; 07/08/2005 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    No way. The inset of the plastic is way less that the amount the screw needs to be above the back of the case in order to be able to swivel in the belt clip.
    I wasn't referring to the screw, just the screw holder (the bumped out hole in the back). For those that need a belt-clip, it is inevitable that they cannot fold it back all the way, for those that put the treo in their pocket, like myself, the screw is not the issue, it's simply the screw holder and SD holder that are getting in the way.
    I wasn't referring to the screw, just the screw holder (the bumped out hole in the back). For those that need a belt-clip, it is inevitable that they cannot fold it back all the way, for those that put the treo in their pocket, like myself, the screw is not the issue, it's simply the screw holder and SD holder that are getting in the way.
    Right. Without doubt, you'd be better off without the SD Card holder - which I said in my summary earlier - those who put in in their pockets definately are better off without the DC Card holder. Too bad it does not come that way... yet. Who knows. Maybe.
    Last edited by westronic; 07/08/2005 at 10:13 PM.
    Is everyone emailing Innopocket (more than once) asking them to redesign this without the SD holders? Cmon folks...let's try to make things happen here...
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Its been a full week and Im still waiting for a response,,,,,How long does it take for an email to reach Hong Kong?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Its been a full week and Im still waiting for a response,,,,,How long does it take for an email to reach Hong Kong?
    Apparently it takes them a while to translate it and to respond.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    People, I think they got the message... So stop harassing them with more emails.

Al
    I got this email this morning. wonder if it's going to be a whole new case, or just a new sd card holder insert.
    "
    Please be informed the SD storage problem of magnum case for Palm Treo 650 Smartphone(HT-3110) has been fixed.
    A Free replacement will be sent out AirMail today.
    Thanks for your support and patience.

Regards,
    InnoPocket.com

mailto:info@innopocket.com"
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    People, I think they got the message... So stop harassing them with more emails.

Al
    oh i wish thay were true
    My SD card holder works perfect. I sent them an email because the belt clip button was stuck. But they sent me back 2 email today. One saying "OK we'll send a new belt clip and one saying we'll send a new case.

Are they assuming all the cases they sent out had SD storage card problems? Mine is fine. I wouldnt use it any way.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just got this email today from Innopocket regarding replacement:

"Dear Customer Due to the fact that some technical problems are discovered in the SD storage of Magnum Case for Palm Treo 650 Smartphone(HT-3110), this is now under improvement. For those who purchase the item directly from our e-shop http://www.innopocket.com on or before 30 June 2005 can have the product replacement in about 2 weeks time. A separate email will be sent once the replacement is available. Regards, InnoPocket.com mailto:info@innopocket.com"
    And I got an email today saying the new one would be shipped today. Not sure what they've fixed or changed, as I did not complain to them about the case.
    So this is nuts they are sending free cases to everyone who ordered a case before the fixed the SD holder even if your case is fine. I never complained either and my case is perfect.
    Its got to be an accidental email.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I got the email too but I did complain that one of the SD slots is not working properly. Nice to know that they are replacing the case by sending a new one. I still wish they would come out with a version that is SD holder-free so the case will be thinner.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo

Al
    It depends on which "message" you think they were to get. They appear to have gotten the message that the SD holder was defective, but they do not seem to have gotten the message (or at least not to have acted up on it) that they should offer it without that so it would be thinner and more useful. Therefore, everyone, please continue to make them aware of your/our request. Thanks!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I just put up my magnesium case review in my case thread here http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...&pagenumber=17 starting on 7-18-05
    Well, this thread died out? So that means no re-tooling of the Magnum case so it is thinner without the SD card slots? Damn
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    got my new case a few weeks ago, and they seemed to have fixed the problem with the sd cards coming out. the bulk never really bothered me, and it works great with the inno.dock. a buddy of mine who used a skin accidentaly mashed up his keyboard pretty bad when a heavier item fell on top of his treo. now he wishes he had gotten one as well.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Initially, I thought the case was too bulky, but I find the protection to be an adequate trade-off for the slightly larger profile. I compared my Codi Fit case to the Magnum and surprisingly, the magnum isn't terribly larger ...
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678