Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I emailed them to ask them to check this out and get rid of the SD holder or at least make it an option, but of course....no response at all!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Got my replacement case. Innopocket have now fixed the sd card holder and I have 2 securely in there, tight enough that I would trust. One happy punter at least.

(ps still can't upload my photos :-(
    Finally heard back from Innopocket and they simply said "We'll look into it", so please, everyone, email them and ask for an option to not have the SD holder!! Maybe they'll actually listen.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Just received the new magnesium Innopocket case today and my initial feeling is that this thing is a brick. I'm really disappointed in Innopocket for including the SD card holders on the backside, this is just plain bad design. It makes my aluminum case look small and it's actually heavier even though magnesium is lighter than aluminum. Furthermore, the hinge and cover are so bulky that when you flip them over, it's actually harder to type than with the cover open and to the side like the aluminum case. What were they thinking? Has anyone tried getting a refund from them since they never told us about this faulty design? Chances are probably slim to none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    Just received the new magnesium Innopocket case today and my initial feeling is that this thing is a brick. I'm really disappointed in Innopocket for including the SD card holders on the backside, this is just plain bad design. It makes my aluminum case look small and it's actually heavier even though magnesium is lighter than aluminum. Furthermore, the hinge and cover are so bulky that when you flip them over, it's actually harder to type than with the cover open and to the side like the aluminum case. What were they thinking? Has anyone tried getting a refund from them since they never told us about this faulty design? Chances are probably slim to none.
    At least email them to complain and to ask them to design a choice without the SD holder...
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    What do you want? A picture of a case without the SD card slot with text that says "Coming soon?" I'm sure they can whip that up in 5 minutes with Photoshop

Sorry - couldn't resist.
    I waited 3 months for your negative reviews and just bought a leather case.
    Quote Originally Posted by camels1993
    Anyone who had the aluminum one and had signal trouble, finding it any better with the magnum?
    I experienced 1st-hand this past week how the aluminum version of the case reduces ability to receive/make calls when in an an area where only digital roaming (both 1900 and 800MHz (or 850?) ) is available. I am also wondering how this magnesium case performs.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    At least email them to complain and to ask them to design a choice without the SD holder...
    I immediately contacted them about my disappointment with this design. Of course, no response from them thus far...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsorger
    What do you want? A picture of a case without the SD card slot with text that says "Coming soon?" I'm sure they can whip that up in 5 minutes with Photoshop...
    The preorder photos did not show the bulky SD card holder... I'm sure they can just use those....
    I sent an email yesterday requesting a model without the SD holder and this was the response:
    "Yes, we will consider make one for it."
    The waiting begins.
    Zane
    well as of now the case is out of stock...the probable real reason was that there were a lot of pre-orders...i can only wish they are pulling it from their web to make a new one LOL
    I am about to send my Innopocket back. The case wasn't what I thought it would be from the pics. It certainly will protect your Treo650 I will give it that. There are just a few things I find wrong with the case.

1- unless you have woman hands you might have a hard time pressing some of the buttons in the opening slot.
    2- no swivel clip. It feels too loose on my hip.
    3- my clip just broke. when I press down on the button to release the case from the clip, it wont open up.
    I just got mine the other day. My comments:

1. Very nice looking.

2. Very solid - seems stronger than the aluminum case.

3. With the case closed, it's very easy to get to the most but the down button and the green and red phone buttons are still awkward to get at - bad design, though much better than the aluminum case. They could have done better here.

4. The SD Card holder is a great idea - the extra "depth" of the threads for the screw make me more comfortable with how the screw works. The cards are not very secure, though - I will contact them for a replacement that is more secure for the SD Cards.

5. The double-hinge cover is great! Operation of the device is much easier on the hands, now. The screw gets in the way of folding the cover all the way around, but the hinges are much better than the aluminum case and the double hinge does pretty much get the cover out of the way, just not perfectly.

6. It's definitely thicker than the aluminum case. Since I wear mine on my hip, this does not bother me, but the extra 1/8" or so is a big deal in your pocket.

7. The clip seems to be improved from the old one. It's much more secure in there.

Overall, a good job on a "bullet-proof" case that can "take a licking and keep on ticking."
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I just got mine the other day. My comments:

5. The double-hinge cover is great! Operation of the device is much easier on the hands, now. The screw gets in the way of folding the cover all the way around, but the hinges are much better than the aluminum case and the double hinge does pretty much get the cover out of the way, just not perfectly.
    I agree with most of what you've noted, but I feel the functionality of the double hing is crippled because of the SD holder in back. The cover does not close flush, requires a grip to keep it in place, is too large to grasp when folded over to the backside. I much prefer the aluminum case in this respect even though the cover hangs out to the right since I fell like I'm fumbling less than I am with the magnesium cover.
    Has anyone who had trouble with aluminum case and signal strength, had the same issue with the Magnum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    I agree with most of what you've noted, but I feel the functionality of the double hing is crippled because of the SD holder in back...
    SD Card holder or not, the screw for the belt clip is in the way, so it can't be folded back all the way. I don't know how it could be done better, though.

For those who don't care about SD Card storage AND carry this in their pockets, a version without the SD Card storage would be very nice indeed.
    Last edited by westronic; 07/07/2005 at 03:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I agree with westronic that the screw at the back of the case prevents the flip from being folded all the way back. I like the double hinge, it just don't work well with the screw. Maybe that is why the "regular" aluminum case is, in a way, easier to use. I also prefer a metal case that doesn't cover the keyboard...maybe they can make a magnesium case without keyboard cover that can still flip all the way back...ah, well...the search for the perfect case is still on.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    SD Card holder or not, the screw for the belt clip is in the way, so it can't be folded back all the way.
    The screw holder seems to be positioned where the clear plastic screen cover folds over. The clear plastic screen cover is inset from the outer magnesium shell. So, it seems to me, the placement of the screw holder would not get in the way of the cover flipping over as much as the SD card holder, which is positioned to interfere with the outer magnesium shell.

In other words, the inset position of the clear plastic screen cover may allow for the screw holder when the case is flipped over. Thus, it may be possible for the front of the case to sit flush against the back of the case if there it didn't have the SD card holder.
    Last edited by Katway; 07/08/2005 at 09:19 AM.
    Just got this email today from Innopocket regarding replacement:

"Dear Customer Due to the fact that some technical problems are discovered in the SD storage of Magnum Case for Palm Treo 650 Smartphone(HT-3110), this is now under improvement. For those who purchase the item directly from our e-shop http://www.innopocket.com on or before 30 June 2005 can have the product replacement in about 2 weeks time. A separate email will be sent once the replacement is available. Regards, InnoPocket.com mailto:info@innopocket.com"
    got the email as well. let's hope they get it right this time. it's a shame that such a great looking case had avoidable problems.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast