Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I reread the thread but cant find a comment on signal strength.

How is the signal strength in the magnesium case?

I guess with the aluminum case the signal was reduced?

Is that fat card holder a dealbreaker, anyone sending theirs back?
    hAD EMAIL FROM iNNOPOCKET ASKING ME TO DESTROY MY CURRENT ONE, SEND A PICTURE OF THE DESTROYED VERSUION AND THEY will send a new one through the post. Supposed its cheaper than paying to send it back. Just hope the SD card holder on the new one is better.
    i asked Innopocket for the measurements of the case (measurements are always nice you know). I asked it two weeks ago, and still nothing....again I wish they made the SD holder an option...just like in the T66 (i wish that was an option as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by becs
    hAD EMAIL FROM iNNOPOCKET ASKING ME TO DESTROY MY CURRENT ONE, SEND A PICTURE OF THE DESTROYED VERSUION AND THEY will send a new one through the post. Supposed its cheaper than paying to send it back. Just hope the SD card holder on the new one is better.
    very thats very cool!
    Any ideas as to the best way to destroy it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by becs
    Any ideas as to the best way to destroy it!!!
    let me put it to you this way...use your imagination...let the bashing guide you...take out all your anger on it do a stress test on it
    Make sure you post pictures as you destroy it. It will be a nice to see how good the case performes. I have an idea. Drop it from a second floor. Then run it over with your car.

Al
    You might cut a tire that way. Dont drop a brik on it, the brick might bounce and hit your leg. The safe thing to do would be to put it in a vice, but be careful to stand opposite the screen.

Lay a towel over it and smack it with a hammer. That is the easiest safest way.
    Why don't all of you early users email and complain to them so maybe they'll do a modification?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Cannot post pics at present as it wont upload.

However, hubby hit back of it with a hammer and it cracked. Hit it a second time and the back shattered . Then tried to break the front glass and couldn't Just scratched it. Will try to upload the pics at another time.
    Wow!!!! You couldnt break the glass with a hammer,,Is that right?,,Thats awesome!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I should hope not since the front window is PLASTIC, not glass.

It -should- be awfully hard to break.
    I didnt think it was glass, that was a slip, but that is very good to hear that the plastic held up so well since I just ordered mine. It sounds like the rest of it broke up fairly easily but a hammer intentially trying to smash the case is above and beyond abuse, cant wait for the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I didnt think it was glass, that was a slip, but that is very good to hear that the plastic held up so well since I just ordered mine. It sounds like the rest of it broke up fairly easily but a hammer intentially trying to smash the case is above and beyond abuse, cant wait for the pics.
    Well, if a hammer cracks and then shatters it, I'd be a bit concerned about what a good fall would do on concrete sidewalks or something.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Why don't all of you early users email and complain to them so maybe they'll do a modification?
    Because mine works fine
    how is the sd card holder thing attached to the case .... is it a moulded integral part of the total case design .. or is it (readily?) removable ... any comments on this please
    not removable...part of the case...otherwise I would remove it
    it's weird- it's a mixed bag with my case:
    the case seems to have a slightly different finish on it than my ipaq magnesium case (better imo, and still dark black)
    the closure is superb (better than my ipaq case)
    the fit is a little looser than other hard cases, in that usually it takes a heck of a lot of effort to remove it, this one does take effort, but not much. i'm guessing because of the lack of neoprene lining where the sd holder is creates less friction.
    the reset button cut out is on the wrong side of the case, if memory serves me right- it's where the treo 600's reset hole is.
    the fold-away cover folds away almost completely, but less with the belt clip peg attached. doesn't seem comfortable to talk with the door open in that position.
    my sd holder is not working at all... it seems to be related to the glue used to hold the plastic together. if you take the phone out of the case and look at the sd holder from the side (top) you'll see the center divider between the 2 slots. put your finger on it and press down, you'll notice it has some play- my friend has one and his sd holder works and his plastic divider has not lifted up. i'm going to try to apply some superglue to that small part and push down and see if it works better...
    in my experience with innopocket- they fix their mistakes with a high level of courtesy- however i've never heard them tell you to break the case! i'm sure that once they figure out the cause of the problems they will be fixed.
    so far- i've had the case for a half day and haven't used it much (that will be tomorrow) but in general if the case offers the same level of protection as the one for my ipaq- this is a keeper.

ps- hofo- the measurements are as follows- i dont have a ruler with me right now, but it is almost the exact same size as my ipaq 4150
    4.40" x 2.80" (including hinge and closure) without the hinge and close it's about 4.4"x2.5-6" (sorry i'm not more accurate or metrically inclined at the moment)
    the case obviously adds nothing to the top of the phone since the antenna still sticks out, but the bottom is a millimeter if that added on...
    thickness is where this thing bloats. it adds about a quarter inch to the front and back total

i'll see if i- or someone else could get more accurate measurements
    Last edited by Kenundrum; 06/28/2005 at 11:33 PM.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Innopocket just added dimensions and weight to their description.

Size: 117 x 68 x 34 mm
    Weight: approx. 70 g

Here's the specs on the aluminum case for comparison:
    Size: 116 x 69 x 32 mm
    Weight: approx. 47g

Interesting... In the description of the Magnesium case, they say Magnesium is 37% lighter than aluminum, but the Magnesium case weighs more. It must be the SD card holder bumpout and plastic clip that adds the weight.

Innopocket - If you're reading this, I'd buy the case in a heartbeat if you removed the SD card holder and gave it a flat back to slim it down.

-A
    The T66 is:
    2,60" x 4,76" x 1,27" inches
    66.04 mm x 120.904 x 32.258 mm

T65:
    2,60" x 4,61" x 1,10" inches
    66.04 mm x 117.094 mm x 27.94 mm

Aluminum case:
    69 mm x 116 mm x 32 mm

Magnum:
    68 mm x 117 mm 34 mm

Thanks Aether and Kenundrum

I dont understand how a company can market a product without putting down the dimensions and weight in the beginning...very un-coooth

Aether im with you as well..i dont want nor do I need a SD holder...come on man
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast