Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Her are some more pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j5350
    I got mine this morning and just a couple 1st impressions. Hinge is pretty tight. Take a little force to move. Not bad but it just takes a bit to get used to. Case looks very good. I can talk fine in it. Not hard to hear other person, others can hear me. No issues w/ signal strength. Treo goes in and comes out easier then w/ the aluminum case. Very good thing because I had to push quite hard for the Treo to get out of the aluminum one. The clasp on the side is very, very tight. Another positive thing w/ this case because it keeps it shut while it's in my pocket. Got a few pics. Some are blurry but shouldn't be too bad.
    Finally..someone can tell us all about it. So...it looks blue in the pics? How thick is it compared to without it? Can it be kept comfortably in the pocket (without the post on back)? How light is it? How about some pictures with it closed from the front and from the back? more more info
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    got my email on the 22nd as well! looks like it's time to get out the drill. (i took the battery cover off and drilled a hole in my rhino skin case to do resets without having to take it out).
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    The case is deffinetly a dark black color. Looks very nice. It is quite a bit thicker, even more so than the aluminum case. It has the extra SD card holder slots on the back of it. That was a bad idea just because it plain doesn't work. I've tried throughout the day, using my card, my boss' card and even two cards in there at once; just does not work. So that adds to the thickness of it. Still with that, it isn't a bad case. It was kept in the cargo pocket of my shorts all day today. The edges are smooth, so my thought is that it would be comfortable in pants pocket w/out the post. That is how I ended up using the aluminum case. It is lighter (if I can remember how the aluminum case felt,) than the alum. case. It isn't that much heavier w/ the case on. Here is some more pics.
    more for ya...
    and one more...
    Quote Originally Posted by j5350
    It is quite a bit thicker, even more so than the aluminum case. It has the extra SD card holder slots on the back of it.
    That's what I feared - and suspected. I'd rather they forego the card slot and make the case slimmer than the aluminum (there's definitely a fair amount of wasted space between the front of the Treo and the cover). Oh well, I'll have to pass on this one....

-A
    j5350,

If you had to choose between this magnesium case and the aluminun, both brand new which one would you pick? I think the color of the magnesium really maches the color of the Sprint Treo 650. But it is hard to tell about how well your finger fits over the hardware buttons. The aluminun case has that problem. How is it on the magnesium case? Another thing is when you move the front cover of the case to the back. Does the plactic window touch the belt clip knot? If so, will it get scratch?

Thanks,

Al
    After discovering signal strength issues with the aluminum one, can anyone attest to any signal issues with this case?
    If I had to choose between this one and the aluminum one, I'd pick the magnesium case. The only problem (and a little one at that) is the SD card holders not working. If you look at the original stylus for the 650, the SD card slots stick out about as much as the black tip. It isn't that great, but not so terrible. Right away when I got my alum. one, it had a wobbly hinge. The magnesium is nice and secure. The opening in the front of this case is a bit better. I can push all the main buttons easier then w/ the aluminum case. Yes, the front window can touch the knob on the back of the case. The front part does not have much play in it so if it touches, it might make a ding but shouldn't scrath unless the plastic moves across it. I don't really use it by folding it all the way around so hopefully I won't have to find out if it scratches up.
    I received my Magnum case last week as well. It surprised me at how much larger it is than its aluminium cousin (too large to fit into a pocket without causing a noticable bulge). Style-wise, it could use some spiffing up as it looks a little plasticky. However, it does provide more than sufficient protection for the Treo. My main concern is the plastic cover on the front, over the LCD screen. Since it is plastic, will it get scratched up over time?
    j5350,

Thanks a lot for your comments. I have a last question. Do you feel your SD cards are protected in the Magnum case? Is there a chance they may fall off the case from normal use or by running with the case on your hip?

Thanks,

Al
    mine will be here tomorr0w
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFan2003
    I received my Magnum case last week as well. It surprised me at how much larger it is than its aluminium cousin (too large to fit into a pocket without causing a noticable bulge). Style-wise, it could use some spiffing up as it looks a little plasticky. However, it does provide more than sufficient protection for the Treo. My main concern is the plastic cover on the front, over the LCD screen. Since it is plastic, will it get scratched up over time?
    Well, that kills it for me. I keep mine in my front pants pocket. I realllly wanted this case! Do you think it would be thin enough without the sd card holder part?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    what i really want to know is if it is smaller than the T66...i know DocGo can answer that when she gets hers
    I'm pretty sure the SD card slots worked when they were designing it. There is an inside piece that is supposed to be glued to the back of the holder; on mine, it isn't glued together and the SD cards come out VERY easily. If I put one in there and hold the piece down where it is supposed to be, it is much more secure. So I really haven't tried to keep any cards in there or tried gluing the piece back down. Hopefully it works on others' cases' because if not, it is completley useless.
    I got mine today. It's a great case. The SD card holders seem to function correctly but I could do without that added thickness.
    Just got mine in the UK. Fits fine except the SD card holder is useless. Sent an email to Innopocket, awaiting reply.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast