Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    No screen protection? Why would they do such a thing? The most delicate part of your treo unprotected while the other solid part are protected. That doesn't make any sense.

Al
    Thank you. That's the only reason I got a case. One good jar from your keys could crack that precious baby. Then what. Your done. "Oh my treo works fine I just can't see the screen..." The beauty of 5 way nav is that you don't have to touch the screen... ever. If you're going to commit to touching the screen I recommend you get a PPCSMARTPHONE. I'm keeping my Inno aluminum custom with the bottom sawed off for keyboard access. That new case doesn't have the keyboard exposed. How annoying to keep having to swing that big gate open everytime you want to type...
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Thank you. That's the only reason I got a case. One good jar from your keys could crack that precious baby. Then what. Your done. "Oh my treo works fine I just can't see the screen..." The beauty of 5 way nav is that you don't have to touch the screen... ever. If you're going to commit to touching the screen I recommend you get a PPCSMARTPHONE. I'm keeping my Inno aluminum custom with the bottom sawed off for keyboard access. That new case doesn't have the keyboard exposed. How annoying to keep having to swing that big gate open everytime you want to type...
    Then there's those of us that want to protect the keyboard from getting banged up too. Screen works but keyboard doesn't is just as bad a situation.

-A
    I found this review for the hx4700 iPaq
    http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...ews&id=621&p=1

And Kenundrum may have done a review (I didn't find it) over here http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14387
    (his post http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=16)

two things are bugging me...someone said they experienced problems being heard with the aluminum case (muffled voice or something) and of course...im a nut...being able to properly see the LED

Oh yeah and this hinge pin thing

Kenundrum...stop bad mouthing the Treo 650's camera it rocks!
    I wish the hard cases for the Treo are fliptops like the iPaq one. I loved the flip top case on my old zoomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    I found this review for the hx4700 iPaq
    http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...ews&id=621&p=1

And Kenundrum may have done a review (I didn't find it) over here http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14387
    (his post http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=16)

two things are bugging me...someone said they experienced problems being heard with the aluminum case (muffled voice or something) and of course...im a nut...being able to properly see the LED

Oh yeah and this hinge pin thing

Kenundrum...stop bad mouthing the Treo 650's camera it rocks!
    And...I've been patiently waiting for this case for months but now you all have me worried that it will be too big and bulky in my pants pocket.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    the bulk i am not worried about...
    Because you don't keep it in your pocket or because it won't be too big or because you could use some more bulk?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Because you don't keep it in your pocket or because it won't be too big or because you could use some more bulk?
    nope to all

I do keep it in my pocket...and well there is no way it can be bigger than the T66...and if I can tolerate that, then I will be fine with the Magnum (heheh zoolander)...correct me if i am wrong...but they dont state any measurements on the innopocket website do they
    I wish the hard cases for the Treo are fliptops like the iPaq one. I loved the flip top case on my old zoomer.
    That would be pretty hard to with the antennea on top.
    So, is it the end of the month yet?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Does ANYONE actually have one of the new cases yet? If you do, is it everything we are hoping for? Thanks, CC.
    Well...have any of you who rushed to pre-order noticed that they now say shipping is "Early July 2005" on the site? I knew it...end of April, end of May, end of June...end of time...
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Hey Guys,

Received an email from Innopoctect today. Mag case has shipped via air mail no tracing available.

Should have it in the next few days.

Am I the choosen one?
    It looks like you are

Oh yeah apparently now on the Innopocket website it says ship date: early july 2005
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I got the email too! Hopefully, I will get the case soon.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Hmm I have to admit, I have a terrible itch for this case, as it will cover the keypad but still show the screen so I dont have to flip it open, like my T66. I look forward to your review Dr Newfie
    hofo- lol good detective work... the quality was bad because i had to put the camera really close... i still have that pic and i now have a high quality digicam to take photos of my case for you guys to see... but the reason it took so long for this one to come out is most likely because of the magnesium scratching off part... it ends up that if you drop it a few times or the belt stud wears away at the cover and you get little silver magnesium spots instead of all black magnesium. i haven't returned my case yet for the free replacement- but i might soon- the problem hasn't bothered me. the closure on the ipaq model was ok- not superb, but it did work. i am hoping the closure on the treo model will be different because of the book style open. and i hear that my case just shipped so we'll see soon!

PS they ship from hong kong- usually by fedex, so it might take a few days, and airmail is a little longer.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    hofo- lol good detective work... the quality was bad because i had to put the camera really close... i still have that pic and i now have a high quality digicam to take photos of my case for you guys to see... but the reason it took so long for this one to come out is most likely because of the magnesium scratching off part... it ends up that if you drop it a few times or the belt stud wears away at the cover and you get little silver magnesium spots instead of all black magnesium. i haven't returned my case yet for the free replacement- but i might soon- the problem hasn't bothered me. the closure on the ipaq model was ok- not superb, but it did work. i am hoping the closure on the treo model will be different because of the book style open. and i hear that my case just shipped so we'll see soon!

PS they ship from hong kong- usually by fedex, so it might take a few days, and airmail is a little longer.
    yes i am a super slueth...be afraid muhahaha

you know i was about to, at this second buy one now...and I really do want to buy one, but then i realized something...i have to wait because I want to see what people say, especially if they can be heard while on the phone with the door closed. I am trying to figure out where the mic hole is...
    This whole thread is a case of "hurry up and wait!" Since I'm low on patience, I think I'll wait to read reviews from you guys first. Keep us updated!
    I got mine this morning and just a couple 1st impressions. Hinge is pretty tight. Take a little force to move. Not bad but it just takes a bit to get used to. Case looks very good. I can talk fine in it. Not hard to hear other person, others can hear me. No issues w/ signal strength. Treo goes in and comes out easier then w/ the aluminum case. Very good thing because I had to push quite hard for the Treo to get out of the aluminum one. The clasp on the side is very, very tight. Another positive thing w/ this case because it keeps it shut while it's in my pocket. Got a few pics. Some are blurry but shouldn't be too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast