Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    OK, not exactly the Exchange ActiveSync I imagined it would be, since it is email only, but I managed to get it to work (somewhat) with my Exchange 2003 server.

The problem is, I can't SEND any email from my Treo 650 using VersaMail with the Exch ActiveSync. Receiving somewhat works...If I have it scheduled to sync every 30 minutes or so, 5 times out of 10 it will work. The other 5 times, it can't seem to connect. But when it does connect, I can't get it to do anything if there is OUTBOX email. It sits on SENDING/RECEIVING and then the radio turns off, then a little while later, I get an error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    If you can get direct access to your server via IMAP, you might try ChatterEmail.

Marc
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I tried Chattermail (for about 15 minutes), and uninstalled it. Way too many options, although I could get it to "pull" email down, I couldn't get it to send either.

I couldn't find anywhere in Chattermail where you setup a scheduled time interval to check for email. I assume it is a "pull" email system since there is no server-side app to actually "push" it to the phone.
    lancorp - Actually, it's a TRUE push email system when working with MS Exchange; no intermediate server or server-side app required. And setup really isn't hard at all if you follow the quick-start guide. Don't know when you last tried it, but I'd suggest using the latest beta at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    mblank,

I last tried it yesterday! How can exchange "push" email to my Treo if there is no server-side app to do so? How does it know where to push it to, when to push it, etc?

I could try installing it again, but VersaMail was pretty easy to get going, just can't SEND email!