1.    #1  
    I have my 650 set to back up automatically once a day at 3.30am using BackupMan. I've used the software for a long while with my 600 and it had been working fine for the 650 too over the week I've had it... until last night.

Halfway through the back up something went wrong and the screen froze. I leave the phone plugged into the charger overnight so while I was a bit disappointed that the backup had failed it wasn't a huge issue. I had to do a reset to get off the frozen screen (how do I do that, by the way? I just take out the battery which works, but isn't there a paperclip hole someplace?). On doing this I realised that although it had been plugged in all night, for the three hours where it was frozen and lit up it had been draining the battery and I started the day with only 56% power. Even more annoying - several hours later I realised the clock had lost time when Butler played its alarm to wake me up!

I reckon I'll have to stop doing the backups overnight.

Max
    I have noticed that if the 650 crashes (freezes) it will often revert to battery power and the clock will not run. A reset as you did always gets it back in shape. I use BackupMan but do attended backups since they take so little time and I can be assured they run to completion. If you dial ##377#, what does it indicate as the last error? Maybe something kicked-off during your backup that caused a problem. You are doing your backups with the phone turned off, correct?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    If you dial ##377#, what does it indicate as the last error?
    It doesn't indicate anything - it says "sending request to network" then goes back to the keypad screen. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Maybe something kicked-off during your backup that caused a problem. You are doing your backups with the phone turned off, correct?
    Ah - no, I forgot that bit. It seems unlikely that the network would have done anything at 3.30am, though, when the phone wasn't moved at all so the signal should have been solid, but I guess it could be that. Thanks for your response.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkida
    It doesn't indicate anything - it says "sending request to network" then goes back to the keypad screen. Weird.

Max
    ##377 is for Sprint CDMA phones only.

#*377 <dial> is the sequence for Cingular GSM models; Orange might be the same, or not. Give it a try.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the code - it worked but didn't reveal anything useful - just a crash occurred on 27th, while running "unknown application". Also ComChannelProviderMain.c, Line:80, Dead lock in CCP. No record of what went wrong last night!
  6.    #6  
    Subsequent to the above... now the charger does nothing. I don't know if it's the charger, the battery, or the phone, but something broke. Off to the Orange shop today...