1.    #1  
    Would I be able to plug a headphone to the TREO 650 to listen to the directions?
    Along the same lines, can I use a bluetooth keyboard to type in address while using the TomTom bluetooth GPS receiver?
    1. I haven't personally tried this only for the simple fact that putting headphones on while driving may prevent me from hearing other things around my car! Actually, the voice prompts are plenty loud and adjustable- for me anyway.

2. No- you can not use an external keyboard to plug in directions- you have to follow the prompts on the screen to plan a route and use use the on-screen keyboard. The on-screen keys are just big enough to tap with your finger and its auto fill in feature keeps you from putting in the entire address by hand (or finger).
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    1. I haven't personally tried this only for the simple fact that putting headphones on while driving may prevent me from hearing other things around my car! Actually, the voice prompts are plenty loud and adjustable- for me anyway.
    Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask I want to be able to amplify the sound by using an external speaker via the headset jack. My car doesn't filter out road noise to well and would like to have an alternative to just using the Treo speakers.
    I've seen accessories such as this car kit by Seidio that use an external speaker to amplify the built-in Treo speaker:

Seidio G2500

I haven't tried this particular model. If I get a chance, I'll try out a few of the things you've mentioned with TomTom.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    I just bought this kit http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/seg2gpsrecar.html , it has an external out for audio so I also bought this http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/arsounfeedii1.html

**I imagine the FM transmitter alone would work from the headphone jack on the Treo and be able to broadcast to your FM radio

I havent received my order yet but will report back when I get it.