Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After having searched for days on end, being told to "bugger off" by ATT when I asked because I was travelling to Europe... I got fed up. I found it online, free. I paid nothing for this, did nothing to my phone other than type this number in, and it has worked on numerous Treo 600sso I know it works. Use at your own risk, because I am not responsible for your actions.

Now that the disclaimer is done, here ya go. Freely found, freely given. This *may* work on other network locks, but it DOES work on the ATT Treo 600s, as well as the PalmOne non-branded GSM units. (I got a replacement from PalmOne, and it worked on that too)

Type this in on the "phone" application, and hit dial. You will receive a message if it is successful: *#*#33284#

*possible* Treo 650 unlock code, I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS WORKS, as I don't have a Treo 650 to test it on. Freely found, freely given: *#*#1234#

Enjoy!
    --Jim
    If I use this on my friends tmobile 600? Can it get her into trouble for unlocking it?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    ATT (and Cingular) didn't give a rat's **** that the phone was unlocked, just *THEY* wouldn't provide the code to me. Tmobile doesn't lock their phones, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $they$ $are$ $the$ $ones$ ($or$ $they$ $were$) $that$ $would$ $unlock$ $someone$ $else$'$s$ $phone$, $when$ $you$ $signed$ $up$ $for$ $service$ $with$ $them$. $I$ $think$ $you$ $had$ $to$ $pre$-$pay$ $for$ $a$ $month$'$s$ $service$ $to$ $get$ $them$ $to$ $do$ $it$, $but$ $several$ $friends$ $have$ $Tmobile$ $phones$ $that$ $aren$'$t$ $locked$.

--Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by geordi

*possible* Treo 650 unlock code, I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS WORKS, as I don't have a Treo 650 to test it on. Freely found, freely given: *#*#1234#

Enjoy!
    --Jim
    I don't believe the 650 number can be right. I've understood from many here who have successfully unlocked their 650 that it requires an 8 digit number.
    Cool - works for a Telia T600 phone also

Which means... It should also work in Finland for Sonera customers too

I'll keep you informed if I receive a nasty communique from Telia

-S
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    just tried this on my orange t600. it said please wait then came up with a message saying sim unlocked. haven't got another sim card to try it with but will give it a go later.

anyone tried it on a treo 650 yet? I'm gonna write the code down and try it with the demo unit in an orange store if i get a chance.
    Just tried it on my 650 - seemed to work, a message came up saying the sim lock was removed.
    Hmm, on second thoughts, no, it failed. I got the message, but upon trying a colleague's sim in there it didn't work.
    After having searched for days on end, being told to "bugger off" by ATT when I asked because I was travelling to Europe... I got fed up. I found it online, free. I paid nothing for this, did nothing to my phone other than type this number in, and it has worked on numerous Treo 600sso I know it works. Use at your own risk, because I am not responsible for your actions.

Now that the disclaimer is done, here ya go. Freely found, freely given. This *may* work on other network locks, but it DOES work on the ATT Treo 600s, as well as the PalmOne non-branded GSM units. (I got a replacement from PalmOne, and it worked on that too)

Type this in on the "phone" application, and hit dial. You will receive a message if it is successful: *#*#33284#

Enjoy!
    --Jim
    PDA News - False Treo unlock codes, HP CEO ousted, MDA IV Quad-Band? Back to all headlines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

submitted by AdamaDBrown Tuesday, February 08, 2005

False unlock codes for Treo 650 circulating

A rumor circulating at incredible speed claims that entering a certain code into your Treo 650 smartphone will remove the SIM card lock and allow the use of the Treo on other GSM networks. The user is instructed to enter *#*#1234# on the Treo's phone console, then press the Call button. The Treo then displays a message saying 'SIM Unlocked'. This procedure, however, does not actually unlock the Treo to use SIM cards from another provider. It is simply the default code for the SIM password lock, and has no effect on the Treo's ability to use networks other than Cingular, or anything else.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2409
    http://www.mobileminds.com/forum/arc...hp/t-1920.html

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Don't blame me if your phone is rendered inoperable, catches fire and kills you, or starts racking up large phone bills!

I was bored at work and found a bunch of codes and posted information. From this research, it seems as though 66 turns things off, and 633 turns things on. You have ##633 to turn radio off. When it is off, you can dial ##66 to turn it back on. Looks like same goes with teh rest of the commands, just with the prefixes.

From Activation.prc, the following codes run activation applications and are documented already (just in case):
    Activating ##MSL
    RTN ##786
    Activation
    Debug ##33284
    Loopback ##56672225
    Mobile ##7738
    Manual
    Akey
    PRI ##774
    Tethered ##83843733
    Data ##3282

I'm still finding other codes.
    And Tethered mode is very useful. TREO can works as wireless modem thru serial cable.

I have found the following ##codes:
    633 = 'off' - turns off the radio
    7277633 = passoff - turns off passthrough
    8778 = 'up??' - toggle "software download"
    3424 = 'diag' - toggle "passthrough"
    3825 = 'dual' - ???
    727 = '???' - ???
    744 = 'sig' - signal strength (note: done button didn't seem to work)
    83843733 = 'teathered' = toggles teathered mode
    8766 = 'vp on' - "voice privacy enabled"
    87633 = 'vp off' - "voice privacy disabled"
    377 = err - show last crash cause
    88722366 = '88 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    887223633 = 88 traceoff' - "trace disabled"
    28722366 = '2 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    287223633 = '2 traceoff' - "trace disabled"
    798722366 = '79 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    7987223633 '79 traceoff' - "trace disabled"

Again, don't blow anything up.
    ;-)

*#*#33284#

That look like the debug code this guy posted .... can anyone confirm this code works to unlock your phone?
    I have tested this on three Cingular 650s.

*#*#89155271#
    then click Dial

http://www.palmzone.net/modules.php?...r=asc&start=15
    I tried the following and got the message "The SIM Lick has been removed from the phone"
    Open up the dial pad and type in *#*#????????#
    The ???????? should be replaced by the last 8 digits of your IMEI number.
    This code ---> *#*#33284# Gave me the same message. I'll have to try another sim card to be sure.. Has anyone been able to verify either code options?
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
  13. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    There's a thread on MTDN where you can request the program to unlock the Treo 600, it's not posted but they'll PM it to you. You type in *#*#33284# AFTER you install and run the program. You'll apparently get the same message whether or not it really worked. I tried it and used a friend's SIM card and it seemed to work but then I was told that Rogers and FIDO are the same company so it doesn't mean anything that the other SIM card worked. I'm going overseas next week and I arranged to buy a local SIM card so I'll see if it really worked.
    My friend tried *#*#33284 on his 600. It seemed to unlock the phone but after a hotsync it relocked. Is this only a "temporary" unlock?
  15. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Here's the link - http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,12161.570.html you have to request it, but you get a response right away. You have to run the program, follow the readme instructions.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This definitly does not work. *ANY* code you enter will give you a message that it has been unlocked, but it didn't work for me. I'm on the AT&T network, using the old SIM card that's incompatible with Cingular's network. I tried my GF's SIM card (the new 64k one) after unlocking and it reads 'The SIM card is not compatible.'

Oh well, off to MTDN. :-)
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    ... as well as the PalmOne non-branded GSM units. (I got a replacement from PalmOne, and it worked on that too)...
    Umm.. unless I am completely braindead, why would you need to unlock an unbranded GSM Treo? Isn't that the point of buying an unbranded one is that they are unlocked?!?! If not, then I've been shelling out for unbranded ones for no good reason[U]
  18.    #18  
    Hey, sorry I've been gone so long. Work sucks, but ya gotta eat.

The "unbranded" phone I got from Palm may not have had the ATT logos built in, but with a friend's Tmobile sim, it didn't like the taste of it until after I entered that code. Now I do still have my ATT sim in there, I have never heard of any "incompatible" ATT sim cards (With Cingular's network) but if you are hearing that... Is it just from Cingular's customer disservice department? Search on my username, and read the other recent thread where I explain about their new policies.

I did take my phone to Europe, and it worked just fine with a Vodafone prepaid sim. ATT / Cingular told me flat out that it wouldn't. Hmm, smells like crap.
    The result of the guy in Finland are promising, maybe the ATT user that had problems is really using an incompatible sim. What is this "64k" sim, and are you sure that it will work with the 600? I wasn't aware that there were different sizes to choose from.

That's all I have for now, this was just meant to be an offering to the masses who may be searching for that ever elusive unlock code.
    --Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    There's a thread on MTDN where you can request the program to unlock the Treo 600, it's not posted but they'll PM it to you. You type in *#*#33284# AFTER you install and run the program. You'll apparently get the same message whether or not it really worked. I tried it and used a friend's SIM card and it seemed to work but then I was told that Rogers and FIDO are the same company so it doesn't mean anything that the other SIM card worked. I'm going overseas next week and I arranged to buy a local SIM card so I'll see if it really worked.

Roger's & Fido's sims are both diff ... if the phone is locked, you can't use both.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 06/07/2005 at 01:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL
    I have tested this on three Cingular 650s.

*#*#89155271#
    then click Dial

http://www.palmzone.net/modules.php?...r=asc&start=15
    I used this code on my Cingular / T650 and it appears to have worked!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast