1.    #1  
    I'm debating between a two-device setup of an E2 or Zodiac1 with a motorola Razr/V3 (connected via bluetooth) or a Treo 650. The cost is about the same (ouch). There could be times I could just slip out with a small phone and do fine, and there is also improved battery life with the separate devices.

But it seems it would be easier to have only one device. I'd like to be able to call directly from my contacts instead of looking at one device and dialing on the other. My current pda, a visor edge, has webpages via plucker but I never remember to update them.

I'm still wondering though - have people that went from a phone+palm to a treo found that the treo:
    1. still did the palm functions well enough?
    2. functioned as a phone well enough?
    so that they didn't miss the functionality/simplicity of the separate devices?

Thanks for your input.
    ...on which carrier you go with as far as call quality. Being completely converged is worth it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Check out my signature line -- I am never going back to 2 devices!!

Treo 650 does everything that my T3 did -- it is a complete Palm PDA. I do miss the larger screen some -- but the Treo 650 does it all for me -- and I use spreadsheets and link to my work desktop with it. I find that having just one device is the simplicity -- one set of contacts, one device to learn, one set of chargers, email, mobile web, camera. . . . . .

I like it as a phone much better my old Sony Ericsson. (Larger screen, better clarity, contacts in one place. . . .)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/30/2005 at 09:35 PM.