1.    #1  
    I am trying to understand the new feature support in version 60.

" TAKEphONE registers as a "Phone helper", meaning you can use it to make calls from 3rd party applications, such as Agendus, Initiate, etc. Note: You no longer need TkPhOS5Hk.prc for this (only if you use "Capturing").

I want to be able to highlight phone numbers in a note in datebk5, memo, web and to-do lists and then push the phone button to have TP dial it. What is the difference from Phone helper and "capturing."
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Helper is in the preferences of THAT software program (Agendus. Initiate ect.) that when you have a number in Agen... you can dial it thru TP, or thru built in Phone app ect.

Capturing, on the other hand is what you are looking for, so you still need the TKPHOS5Hk.prc to do that...

And now that we are talking about it, lets ask Shimon to include the capturing feature in TAKEphONE in the next beta, so that we shouldn't need TKPHOS5Hk.prc at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Helper is in the preferences of THAT software program (Agendus. Initiate ect.) that when you have a number in Agen... you can dial it thru TP, or thru built in Phone app ect.

Capturing, on the other hand is what you are looking for, so you still need the TKPHOS5Hk.prc to do that...

And now that we are talking about it, lets ask Shimon to include the capturing feature in TAKEphONE in the next beta, so that we shouldn't need TKPHOS5Hk.prc at all...
    Hi,

And you think I have not thought of that ?!?!?

Actually - I will not include that into TAKEphONE. The mechanism I use right now for capturing is not something I want to include inside TAKEphONE (the exclusion of hacks in OS-5 forced use of not-so-efficient code for this).

I do plan on making another, better, mechnism for capturing, that will replace that ill named file.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com