Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    At times, I get the following error when attempting to sync with PCS Business Connection PE:

Error s7123: A server operation caused an error. If the problem persists, contact support.

If I then go to the client application on my PC and disconnect and re-connect it, and then try to sync again, it seems to fix the problem. However, when I'm away and the pushed email stops coming and then I try to sync and get this error, I'm out of luck for getting my email until I get back to my PC. Any idea why this is happening? Could it be my internet connection or internet service provider (or maybe even my home network setup)? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman
    At times, I get the following error when attempting to sync with PCS Business Connection PE:

Error s7123: A server operation caused an error. If the problem persists, contact support.

If I then go to the client application on my PC and disconnect and re-connect it, and then try to sync again, it seems to fix the problem. However, when I'm away and the pushed email stops coming and then I try to sync and get this error, I'm out of luck for getting my email until I get back to my PC. Any idea why this is happening? Could it be my internet connection or internet service provider (or maybe even my home network setup)? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- marc
    It could be that your PE client is crashing and not recovering gracefully. Look in your slingshot.log file and do a global search for Exiting.

See if the line looks like thisWed Oct 22 17:15:52 PDT 2003 (2888-2436): *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005

Assuming this is in the timeframe of your loss of sync then post the lines (4-5) that surround this statement and that may help diagnose it as well.
    I've been getting a similar problem, except I get Error code S7121 instead of S7123. I've tried resetting my Treo 600 as well as restarting the BC server, but to no avail. I am able to see my e-mail on the BC web site however; just not able to retrieve the e-mail from my BC client. Here's my slingshot log -- any ideas? Thanks.

- John

-- Begin Logging --
    2005-06-06T11:40:20-05:00 [3860:3060]: (INFO) Connecting to 68.28.20.146:443
    2005-06-06T11:40:21-05:00 [3860:3060]: (INFO) Found fileview add-on: C:\Program Files\Sprint\PCS Business Connection/fileview
    2005-06-06T11:40:21-05:00 [3860:3060]: (INFO) Set filters: {triggers={37490={filters={sync_mail={source_start_seq=0, source_end_seq=74, body_size=3072, field_sizes={to=30000, cc=30000}, last_update=24}, sync_calendar={field_sizes={description=1500, attendees=1000, subject=500, location=500}, fields=["seven_id", "start_date", "end_date", "subject", "location", "description", "is_recurring", "is_meeting", "is_alldayevent", "status", "recurrence_description", "organizer_name", "organizer_email", "attendees", "has_conflicts", "start_date_list", "duration"], handle_recurrence="compressed_instances", expand_recurring=true, timezone_offset=-18000, relative_start_date=-604800, relative_end_date=7257600, last_update=17}}, trigger_enabled=false}}, sid="1", timezone={hour=-4, minute=0}, max_trigger_attempts=4}
    2005-06-06T11:40:21-05:00 [3860:3060]: (INFO) Using default profile
    2005-06-06T11:40:22-05:00 [3860:3060]: (INFO) Getting default store
    2005-06-06T11:40:23-05:00 [3860:3060]: (INFO) Initialized services: {documents="local", mail="mapi"}
    2005-06-06T11:40:23-05:00 [3860:3060]: (INFO) Ready.
    2005-06-06T11:42:57-05:00 [3860:1004:listener]: (ERR) Failed to open existing store '/C|/Program Files/Sprint/PCS Business Connection/syncroot/37490/sync_cfg' error : <error: "store_not_found" - sync_cfg>
    2005-06-06T11:42:57-05:00 [3860:1004:listener]: (ERR) Failed to create CWin32RecordStorage : <error: "store_not_found" - sync_cfg>
    2005-06-06T11:42:57-05:00 [3860:1004:listener]: (INFO) *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005
    2005-06-06T11:42:58-05:00 [3860:1004:listener]: (INFO) (01): 0x000047faf4 S7Storage::getFirstRecordKey
    2005-06-06T11:42:58-05:00 [3860:1004:listener]: (INFO) (02): 0x0064003a29 <nosymbols>
    All,

I have the exact same problem. It is bad enough my company won't allow me to take advantage of MS Server 2003 and retrieve emails directly, but now I cannot seem to even get Biz Connect PE working. I get the same error as mbressman, and mine specfically mentions "sling shot." I searched for "Exit" and found the following: "(INFO) *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005"

I had mine working but not for more than a day. Would love any suggestions on specifically how to rectify. I spoke to support 3 times....loaded, reloaded, removed software etc.

Help.

Nole
    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling BC on my computer and reregistering on my T600, and that seems to have resolved the issue for me.
    Thanks. Unfortunately for me, I've done that countless times. The first time I did it, it worked. Then it started actinng up again and I have not been able repair since. Thanks anyway.
    I got this the 1st time this morning.

I cam ein and shut down BC Personal Edition ont he computer and rebooted it and thent hings were fine.
    Can anyone help beyond what has been posted? Looking at that Slingshot data is like reading Chinese. I've connected, reconnected, installed, reinstalled...you name it. I keep getting either S7121 or S7123.

Help!
    I'm getting the same error as you and when I called Sprint PCS tech support they said it was because I had too much mail?? Well, my Microsoft Exchange Server tells me that my inbox has 52 emails in it--the treo has an automatic cut-off on number of emails it can read so I know that's not the problem.

I've been waiting on the phone for Level II support and had no luck--had to call at least 3 times over the past week because I can't hang on the phone for over 1/2 hour.

I've re-installed the program on both my desktop AND my treo and nothing's changed.

Very frustrating--let me know if you find out anything more.
    Ok--after two weeks of waiting for non-supportive Tech Support, here's what I just did: I unplugged my USB, plugged it back in, re-installed PALM DESKTOP software from the PalmOne site, and then relogged into registration for Biz Connect, and it worked. I have no idea what one of those things did it, but it works. Start with the USB and reintall Handspring Treo software.
    that usually fixes a lot of problems with bizconnect, but what happens if you're on the road?
    Wouldn't you just love to have been there at Seven Networks for the conversation that resulted in that error message? God forbid they should use a message that's actually helpful.

I run NetMeeting on my desktop machine with remote desktop sharing turned on. If I run into this error I remote in from my laptop and restart the BC client. This usually resolves it for me. You can do the same with VNC or something similar.

Obviously this doesn't help if you're in an airport or otherwise can't get on the net with your laptop, but it goes give you some relief if you're out of the office for several days.
    In the past, I've disconnected and reconnected the server, and it's always worked. But it's not possible if you or a trusted affiliate are not near the server. So,

I got the S7123 message this morning while away from the server. I logged into http://bc.sprintpcs.com, and wasn't surprised when it was unable to collect and display my email (server error). I let it sit for about 10 minutes while doing something else, and when I clicked OK after I returned, up came my email on the web site. I went back to the treo and it re-synced it, and it started working again.

Apparently the server has some capability to recover, or else there was a transient network problem that was fixed.
    Have you changed the password you use to logon to your computer? If so you need to update it in the Service Connection window that you can call up on your PC (the little square with the black arrow). This may be too simple an explanation of the problem and I apologize if it has already been discussed.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Some simple diagnostics:

1. If you search your slingshot.log file and find a line like:

2005-06-06T11:42:57-05:00 [3860:1004:listener]: (INFO) *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005

then this means your desktop client has crashed. It does have some recovery capability to restart but restarting it and then accessing it again may just cause it to crash again. There are several possibilities for this:

A. A bad email or Calendar event that could not be interpreted could be causing the problem.

Possible Remedy: Turn off the calendar sync and reduce your mail messages down to 25 message to see if that eliminates it. If so then it systematically turn things back up until the problem comes back.

B. A bad "syncroot" directory in your installation directory. If this gets corrupted it can cause a crash when you sync either through the device client or through the web client.

Possible Remedy: The easiest way to correct this is do a re-register from the device as it resets the syncroot and it will start clean. Now it may work for a while but if it encounters the condition (ie bug) that gets it corrupted then you will be in the same state.

C. The slingshot.log and connector.log file in Debug mode is what the Carriers use and diagnose the problems with SEVEN to determine and correct the cause overall. As long as you get a tech support person for Personal Edition they eventually should ask you this.

2. S7123 errors are ~generally~ to problems with the main servers so there isn't much you can do until the problem is corrected other than call in and let them know. These servers are monitored in general so they seem to get the server issues addressed quickly especially if call volume complaints start to rise. If a technician takes you down the path of uninstall and re-install.... hang-up and get a better technician who knows the product.

3. Uninstalling the Desktop client software and re-installing is about 99.9% never needed as "1B "- the syncroot directory, is generally the only area that gets in a bad state (re-register and it will reset itself).

4. Re-installing the Device client is rarely ever needed as that re-register process will help clear out the device as well as the desktop client.

Hope this helps... search for my other posts.... for other scenarios on debugging.
    Last edited by MobileGhost; 09/14/2005 at 05:45 PM.
    any problem i have ever had with biz connect was fixed by calling this number. the help is great at least for me it was try it out.

sprint biz connect
    877-248-8647
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    So... calling Sprint was useless. I've been having this problem for a few weeks... deleting the syncroot directory on my desktop machine seems to have fixed it.

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart
    So... calling Sprint was useless. I've been having this problem for a few weeks... deleting the syncroot directory on my desktop machine seems to have fixed it.

Art
    So are you seeing this on the 6.5 Desktop Client as well as the new 6.5 Device Client? If so and you are seeing this have you diagosed via 1 and 1A?
    Last edited by MobileGhost; 12/08/2005 at 01:21 PM.
    Anyone have any updates to this problem? Sprint's current fix is either reinstall BC on palm and desktop or do a detect and repair in Outlook. Neither of which actually solve the problem.

BTW, I referenced the problems others were having here on TreoCentral.com and she said, "it doesn't matter what your little forum says; this is what our knowledge base suggests."

God I do hate corporate america.

I asked her if she'd like to know what the 'slingshot' log files contain and again: "it's either reinstall or detect and repair"

Is there an actual fix to this problem??
    Does anyone know if this is caused by the PC (i.e. Outlook or BC), the Treo, or Sprint's server?

TIA for any help.
    I struggled with this problem for two years. When my secretary was there, she could restart the program on the PC, but nights, weekends, vacations, etc. it was terrible. This problem was solved for me when I found Chatteremail Exchange. It uses Outlook Web Access to push my email directly from MS Exchange to the TREO without an extra PC involved or any permissions needed from my IT dept.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast