1.    #1  
    Hello, I just got my new 650 the other day and was planning on getting a bluetooth headset to use in the car, and I love the trial of the voice dialer that came on the cd but I was reading on palmones site that you cannot use a bluetooth headset with this app. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on any applications for my 650 that will work with the headset. I would prefer not having to program my voice for all of my numbers (i like this feature on treo voice dialing) but if there arnt any others then just a very good app would be nice, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
    The voice dialer that came with your Treo is very good ($19.95). Currently one does not exist that will work with a Bluetooth headset.
    Just to be clear, they DO work with BT headsets, but you cannot initiate the voicedialing software from the headset you have to do it from the handset and then transfer to the headset. Treo650 limitation currently, not the software...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I wasn't clear. It will work fine with a Bluetooth headset, as scottymomo mentioned, just not call initiation. I use an HBH-660 headset and it connects very quickly. I just say "call whomever' into the phone and the headset picks up immediately once dialing has started.
  5.    #5  
    i am looking for one where i say it into the headset, pressing the initial button on the phone is fine but other than that I dont want to do anything else with the phone in my hand. Any suggestions anyone?
    here's a suggestion: try looking for Elvis. I heard he's still alive...
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    It seems like it's neither a problem with Treo nor the software. I think it could be accomplished pretty simply if the HEADSET mfr would put a button on the headset that would start an app on the treo.

If there were such a thing, pressing the button would start the voice dialer which would prompt you to say the name or number.
    its from the voice launcher manual (i didnt know how to get the page from the pdf so i copied to the clipboard, saved the file to my desktop then zipped it so i could upload it. . there has got to be an easier way anyway read it.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  9.    #9  
    im not able to open that up....
    page 11 at bottom
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  11.    #11  
    thanks
    Regretfully, the Treo 650 voice dialing utility does not seem to work for me. That it does work with my bluetooth to initiate voice dialing the trial version does not recognize ordinary names and it can't be edited. Unless I'm given a good reason to do othewise, I'll be deleting it from the Treo.

Has anyone else had similar problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by fak258
    Regretfully, the Treo 650 voice dialing utility does not seem to work for me. That it does work with my bluetooth to initiate voice dialing the trial version does not recognize ordinary names and it can't be edited. Unless I'm given a good reason to do othewise, I'll be deleting it from the Treo.

Has anyone else had similar problems?
    I was having real problems with the voice dialing utility. Then I found that I was speaking too slowly and clearly, as if I were talking to someone who was just learning English! Once I started speaking naturally and quickly - wham - it worked like magic.
    Will the Voice Dialer on the 650 work on the 600? If so, anyone want to share the PRC?