1.    #1  
    This should have been simple, my Motorola HS-850 bluetooth works well with my Nokia 6620 (for 6 months). I purchased a treo 650 and have been unable to get the two to link!

I followed all instructions in treo 650 manual as well as the motorola manual.

Is there something I'm missing?

Any help will be appreciated.

Ron
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ON the Headsett hold the big button for few second and then open the boom (mic)

On the Treo go to Setup Devices via the bluetooth proggy and select Hands-free Setup... When the Treo finds youre HS850 headsett it ask´s for a passkey and you simply insert the 0000 key...

Tell us if this doesnt.. work
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    Quote Originally Posted by lappari
    ON the Headsett hold the big button for few second and then open the boom (mic)

On the Treo go to Setup Devices via the bluetooth proggy and select Hands-free Setup... When the Treo finds youre HS850 headsett it ask´s for a passkey and you simply insert the 0000 key...

Tell us if this doesnt.. work
    This is what I did to get it working on my Treo 650.
    I did everything listed to get my HS850 working and it all went fine. When I rec'd an incoming call, I was able to push the button on the headset and have a conversation just like I did with my previous BT phone. But when I place a call, the headset is not kicking in. Even in this last case where I ended the incoming call with the headset and immediately placed and outgoing call it still didn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?
    You'll probably have to hit the big button twice. Once to connect to the phone via BT, the second for it to pick up the call. I agree, it's annoying, but there is no way to fix it.

-Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdeckard
    You'll probably have to hit the big button twice. Once to connect to the phone via BT, the second for it to pick up the call. I agree, it's annoying, but there is no way to fix it.
    I sent back my Moto 850 headset specifically because it did not support autolink, and instead went with the Treo Wireless Headset (you can do a search for TWH to see a lot of positive comments).

http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-31--241.htm

Autolink is crucial, as far as I'm concerned. This is the feature where, whenever the 650 makes or receives a call and it senses a bluetooth connection with the TWH, it will automatically routes the call over to the headset without any further button presses. Without autolink, I think you lose a lot of the convenience of a wireless headset. And the TWH is one of the few bluetooth headsets that I'm aware of that supports full autolink. Mine has worked like a champ, with seamless linking, good volume, and excellent sound quality.
    How to make the Volume on the Head Set on the Blue Tooth go higher then what it is????? Please get back to me ASAP......
    Quote Originally Posted by MrncyM
    How to make the Volume on the Head Set on the Blue Tooth go higher then what it is????? Please get back to me ASAP......
    Try BTMute

http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=42
    I couldn't tell from the website that sells BTMute what that software does. it says that it automates some trick that I had never heard of. very poorly written website. Can you explain what BTMute does? I keep reading about it.
    okay, so let me get this straight.

I can recieve calls w/ an 850 headset but I cannot make calls with it?

if so, man thats gonna stink because I just ordered one and its already on its way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn

if so, man thats gonna stink because I just ordered one and its already on its way.
    That is what I experienced with the 850 and the Treo 650. Get the TWH or the HBH-660.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn

You can recieve calls the regular way, but if you place calls, you have to push the multi-function button a second time to transfer the outgoing call to the headset. I didn't like this, so I am selling my HS-850 and I bought a Logitech Mobile Pro. I have only had it a short time, but it places and recieves calls just fine. One big advantage of the HS-850 was it automatically turns off when you close the boom and put it in your pocket. The others don't do that so you need to remember to turn them off or your calls will still transfer to the headset in your pocket. I wish they had that feature on the Logitech unit. Other than that it seems to have the best talk time. I don't like the charging system because I travel a lot and it is bulky, but if you don't travel it is great.
    okay, so I just ordered a HBH-660.

anyone wanna buy a brand new, never used HS850?
    OZZIEGN,

How much do you want for the HS-850?
    /Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguyenmdc
    OZZIEGN,

How much do you want for the HS-850?
    check your PM box.