Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    will someone extract this from the Orange ROM and PM me with contact info or upload it here in a .zip file. Thanks. It sure looks nice and would like to give it a try
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Do you know how to extract the ROM ?
  3.    #3  
    one can just use a file manager to copy the files

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I tried to extract most of the file marked as being in ROM. They are many I'm not sure I didn't miss one...

Hope it helps !
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #5  
    Well that got me the downloads and backup utility. The backup is really neat actually...still looking for the launcher though

what does this launcher do diffrent ? just curious...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  

monkey, did you just install the 2 files for the backup util?
  9.    #9  
    nope, I installed all, what 6 or 7 files in the zip

It does look cool.. now I feel like sprint robbed me..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    sorry, if I just do the backup_EN and the backup_reg is that all I need for the backup ? whay did the utilities .prc do?
    has anyone gotten any of these files to work on the Sprint treo 650? I tried the backup utility & the software foenlioad & it coulod not establish a connection. I imagine these are tired to UK phones only? I tap on "home screen & get a soft reset" the error was something about not having the bitmaps ( I had to fiest uncheck "hidden" with the files program. None of this seems to work. Could it? I also feel jipped a little that we canot back up our stuf online...
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    It does look cool.. now I feel like sprint robbed me..
    Over here in the UK we are all flashing with v1.23 rom, just to get rid of the launcher

Basically it's the phone launcher, which means it takes about 3 more presses to dial out, or go to your favourites.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    has anyone gotten any of these files to work on the Sprint treo 650? I tried the backup utility & the software foenlioad & it coulod not establish a connection. I imagine these are tired to UK phones only? I tap on "home screen & get a soft reset" the error was something about not having the bitmaps ( I had to fiest uncheck "hidden" with the files program. None of this seems to work. Could it? I also feel jipped a little that we canot back up our stuf online...
    Well we can back up stuff onliene but it costs a fortune to do it! I have no idea what gets backed up as I'm not paying those sort of prices. I have 10 meg of data a month at a cost of £8 and beyond that I have to pay 70 or 80p per meg. I'm not prepared to spend all the inclusive stuff on one backup! I'll stick with Backupman.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkida
    Well we can back up stuff onliene but it costs a fortune to do it! I have no idea what gets backed up as I'm not paying those sort of prices. I have 10 meg of data a month at a cost of £8 and beyond that I have to pay 70 or 80p per meg. I'm not prepared to spend all the inclusive stuff on one backup! I'll stick with Backupman.

Max
    From what I remember it backs up the built-in databases only.
    Thought of the day :
    Seems like a lot of files and memory for one single launch screen - no?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Over here in the UK we are all flashing with v1.23 rom, just to get rid of the launcher

Basically it's the phone launcher, which means it takes about 3 more presses to dial out, or go to your favourites.
    How do you go about flashing the rom to v1.23 (is that a newer ROM version by the way, or and older one?). I could do with getting rid of the orange launcher too because it stops TakePhone from using the phone hardbutton properly!
    Quote Originally Posted by whaleyboy
    How do you go about flashing the rom to v1.23 (is that a newer ROM version by the way, or and older one?). I could do with getting rid of the orange launcher too because it stops TakePhone from using the phone hardbutton properly!
    Pass on that one I'm afraid, but if you search here on TreoCentral or http://MyTreo.Net you will find pages and pages about it. Make sure you get hold of the GSM update.

It is rumored that an "official" 1.25 is due out, I'm waiting for that one
    Thought of the day :
  19.    #19  
    here are the two files that are needed, though I can't figure out how to make it persist. Copy the two files to RAM and then run Home screen

as a side note, I really like your ZL theme mshaw1515...would you mind PM'ing it to me?
    Attached Files Attached Files

100thMonkey - I keep getting resets. Will this work with sprint - or only GSM phones?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast