1.    #1  
    Hi,

Is someone know the best hardware to do presentation directly from T650 to projector? I plan to buy Margi presenter to go, is there any other tool which more better than Margi?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I have used Margi P2G for about 3 years, and I'm very pleased with it. Pls be aware that the software does not support slide build and slide transition. This is in my opinion a "minor inconvinience". More problematic is it that Margi does not develop the application as one could expect. They are waiting for the OS6 to be launced, and are wanting.....
    ...to implement changes when the OS6 are released...

Considering the limited memory on the Treo - I would have taken a really close look at the iGo - Pitch Duo which is a solution not depending on the SDIO cardslot. This makes it possible to utilize an SD-card for storing presentations, and the presentations could be run directly from the card too.

I think however it would cost you approx $100 more than the P2G.

Summary:
    - The P2G works flawlessly, but it has limited functionality compared to the iGo.
    - Another issue would be the bulk of the iGo which is considerably compared to the P2G (the only thing nessesary on the P2G would be the SDIO to VGA adapter cable, but it is also nice to bring with you the remote control to be able to move around abit when making your presentation).
    - Battery life on a Treo650 is in my opinion no problem. The P2G can be powered using a charger which is included with the product, or from the Treo battery via the SDIO-slot. The iGo requires external power - or at least I think so.
    I have been making presentations up to 4hours from my Treo650 battery. If that is not sufficient - bring with you the charging cable for the Treo - or buy yourselves an additional Treo battery... )
    - To fully utilize the iGo you should have a bluetooth enabled device

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by jorang; 05/30/2005 at 04:58 AM.
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks again, jorang!!!
    This is worth 2 dollars. Now, i thing i should go with iGo, right...
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    If I didn't have the P2G already - I think the iGo would suit the Treo650's memory better. This is if I could accept the bulk of the iGo....
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    P2G has been fantastic over the past 3 years or so. I originally bought it for an earlier Palm device and was concerned it wouldn't work with the Treo, but it does, and flawlessly. Everything you need fits nicely in a little black bag about the size of a small cosmetic bag. Instead of travelling with a laptop, now all I need is the Treo which I would be taking anyway, and the little black bag.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I am presently using P2G in my job (I'm a university lechturer). I agree that it works flawlessly, but compared to my Tungsten T|3 there is not enough memory to make presentations ie with pictures.

I usually run my Treo650 with approx 4MB free. This is just enough for 1-2 presentations if you use pictures or other graphical elementes in them. Of cause I can load new presentations from the SD card if I want to, but as I said above - I would have taken a really close look at the iGo if i was to buy me a solution right now.

There are some markant differences between this two alternatives

P2G
    Pro: Price, bulk, no need for extra power (can be run from Treo battery for approx 4 hours)
    Con: Occupies the SDIO-slot, does not support slide build or slide transition - but it does support this on PPC devices..!!! ("Install Presenter-to-Go on your Pocket PC device. Supports most popular PowerPoint Animations and Transitions." )

iGo:
    Pro: SDIO-slot free, supports slide build and slide transition (at least I think so...), ability to show notes on device screen and presentation on remote display. This is in fact a nice festure since the solution is based on use of your device as remote control and because of that will bring it with you. ("The audience sees the full slide while you look at the outline, slide, note or thumbnail view"), 2 PS/2 ports for connecting a keyboard & mouse, for pointer and text input
    Con: Price, Bulk, Limited to bluetooth range 8-10 meters, remotecontrolled by "bulky" and "costly" device (compared to P2G), must have extra power (not sure if it has a build in rechargable battery)

OK - It's always up to you to decide. I'm happy with my P2G, but I was "happier" when using it on my T|T3 which had approx 40MB free to store presentations.
    I attached some pictures of the things you need to take with you to bring P2G in action - with a ballpoint pen in picture #2 to give you an idea of size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jorang; 06/01/2005 at 04:41 AM.
    JoranG
  7.    #7  
    Thanks a bunch a gain for this ease analysis, jorang!!!

Yes, i thing it's really depend on us if we want to use this tools which required a lot and big files than iGo is the best choice.

Last point, is there anyone has experience using iGo with T650??
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have the Pitch Duo and use it with my 650. Works great. I like the two modes: "display" (which simply mirrors whatever is on the Treo screen), and presentation mode (which lets you show a PowerPoint presentation). The presentation mode also lets you switch what you see on your treo -- text, notes view, slide list, or the actual slide.

At least when connecting via Bluetooth, there is a bit of a lag in the Display mode. The presentation, though, once it is loaded onto the Pitch device, responds very quickly.

The Pitch Duo works great for me!

Andy
    Gotta go with the Pitch - I keep about 10 standard presentations on my 1Gb SD card, (along with about 35 CDs as well), and by using the iGo, I don't have to dedicate device memory to presentations. Very nice.
    I use the Pitch with my 650, and it's great. Very cool to be able to download the preso to the Pitch unit, and then disconnect from the Pitch, and advance the slides via IR, while being able to roam about (not that far really, but still...).
    Plus, when the Treo is connected to the Pitch, it's also being charged. All around very schweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyfs
    Hi,

Is someone know the best hardware to do presentation directly from T650 to projector? I plan to buy Margi presenter to go, is there any other tool which more better than Margi?

Thanks.
    I've had two of these so far. First one didn't work with my 600 so I sent it back. About the same time, I ordered the 650. When I got both, my Margi box worked with the 600, but not the 650. Does anyone have theirs working with a 650? If so, I need to go through this process again, apparently... I'd really like to use mine instead of having it sit on a shelf all day... Especially after forking out the $200 for it...
    Presenter is compatible with the 650 and the 600. Make sure you install the latest version of the software from www.margi.com under support.

My review of the product is here:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/617-1.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    Presenter is compatible with the 650 and the 600. Make sure you install the latest version of the software from www.margi.com under support.

My review of the product is here:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/617-1.htm
    Yea, I saw the review and the pics of the 650 in it. That's why I wanted to verify. I didn't actually see anything in the review that said it worked with the 650. Wasn't sure if the pic was an accident or something... I know how that goes...

I'll check out the latest software. I know I haven't looked for new software since around march of this year so hopefully there's been an update since then.

Thanks for your help! Great review, btw. The little I have gotten to use mine was awesome. Several execs here are very jealous...
    Hello There,

I've been using Pitch Duo for Power Point Presentation for a year and it works nice and dandy. Pitch Duo enables you to connect to your Palm Treo650 via Bluetooth connection and allows you to launch and run Power Point Present using a projector, standard PC monitor or Flat Monitor. It is very easy to set-up and configure, and most of all very handy and portable.

Should you need to get more information about it, just follow the link / thread below.

http://www.igo.com/product_detail.as...ode=MOB+PS6B1V

http://www.mobilityelectronics.com/h.../pitch-duo.htm

LION
    I would suggest you consider LibertyControl( http://www.libertycontrol.com ); A cheaper and more feature packed solution that lets you use your Treo as your powerpoint remote control
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    I would suggest you consider LibertyControl( http://www.libertycontrol.com ); A cheaper and more feature packed solution that lets you use your Treo as your powerpoint remote control
    That's not what this guy wants - he's looking to replace his laptop/PC for presentations, not just control those same presentations via some other device.

Say it again - gotta go with the Pitch.