1.    #1  
    Some time in the past week or so I've begun having weird alert issues. I think it has to do with the installation of Profiles.

I don't get any audible (or vibration) alarms from any non-palm software anymore. Snapper gets my mail and pops up the alert screen but with no sound. Big clock and Diddlebug both pop-up their screens but again no sound. SMS has sound just fine. Same with Datebook.

I didn't know of a way to delete Profiles in my laucher, so I used Filez to delete. I removed everything with "Profiles" at the start of the name. Not sure if there's something else I need to get.

Any help or ideas to save me the trouble of restoring will be greatly appreciated.
    Start by going into your 'Sounds&Alerts' screen under preferences and make sure that you have volume picked for each function.
    Also, does it ring when you get a call?
    Mobi·gas·mic!
  3.    #3  
    I'm on the 600, which just has Sounds under the preferences. Anyway, they're all on and have tones selected. Phone works just fine.

The issue seems to be just with 3rd party software alerts and alarms. The only one I care about that isn't working is Snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMaine
    The issue seems to be just with 3rd party software alerts and alarms. The only one I care about that isn't working is Snapper.
    Have you turned off System Sounds? Snapper's alerts won't work without help if that's the case. I prefer System Sounds to stay off, myself, so I use Butler's Attention Grabber function to assign a tone to Snapper's mail notification.
  5.    #5  
    It's really strange and really frustrating. I've got the system sound set to Low but its definitely on. The sound settings in Snapper are okay. Not sure what else to do except reinstall everything.
  6.    #6  
    I fixed the issue. Something had corrupted my preferences. I deleted the SavedPreferences file and the sounds all came back.

Now I'm off to re-enter all of my serial numbers...