Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hello Friends,
    One of the biggest functionality that I wanted from the Treo 600 was a good 'To Do' List. But unfortunately, the 'to do ' functionality in Treo 600 is very limited it doesn't give an alarm when the item is due. When synchronized with outlook it doesn't pick up the exact time that the item is to be completed. This is causing a lot of problems for me. Can someone tell me a 'to do item' software for palm treo 600 that syncs with outlook and gives an alarm. I have seen a no. of to do software on the web but I don't know which one is good and is cheap.
    I don't know if it syncs with Outlook or not but ToDo2 is the only light-weight to-do application with alarm features I'm aware of. You can find it on PalmGear at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=40712

Of course other recommendations include scheduling your time-sensitive to-do's as events in your calendar (especially if the to-do's you're considering have a due date and time), and other more bloated applications like DateBK5 or Agendus. Good luck.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    But, this application doesn't sync with outlook. I believe that tasks in my Palm V synced with outlook earlier plus gave an alarm. So why doesn't the treo 600?
    Quote Originally Posted by Salil
    But, this application doesn't sync with outlook. I believe that tasks in my Palm V synced with outlook earlier plus gave an alarm. So why doesn't the treo 600?
    Click the "search" button, then click "advanced search", then type "sync with Outlook", then toggle "search titles only". The search results have many threads on syncing your Treo with Outlook.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    hello BeanTown,
    I didn't find anything that told me that outlook tasks could be synced with a third party application. The basic problem is that the palm people have removed the earlier "to-do" application present in Palm V
    I did a search and saw a few posts on KeySuite by Chapura. It appears that app syncs well with Outlook but do not know the specifics. Expensive though. Check out Chapura and/or KeySuite and let us know if this does the trick for you. I tested Agendus and double-checked my PocketMirror/Chapura settings for hotsyncing with Outlook and confirmed that to-dos with alarms setup in Agendus do not transfer to my desktop Outlook (the alarms/alerts that is). Check out your own sync settings and explore KeySuite. I'm a bit of a technical boob so hopefully someone else with more experience can chime in with a solution to this issue.
    If you use Outlook to create the "To Do" item and set an alarm, the alarm should transfer when you sync. I use Pocket Mirror Pro, and have not had any problem with the alarm transfering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alal84
    If you use Outlook to create the "To Do" item and set an alarm, the alarm should transfer when you sync. I use Pocket Mirror Pro, and have not had any problem with the alarm transfering.
    I tested this and it does not work. Although I have the regular version of Chapura PocketMirror (that came with the Treo600 software setup) so perhaps that is the issue.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alal84
    hello alal84,
    Are you sure using PocketMirror Pro, transfers alarms to your palm treo. I use pocketmirror standard. But I think the to-do app in palm treo 600 doesn't have an alarm functionality, so how will the transfer happen.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me whether someone has released a to-do app that does sync with outlook? I really need this app.
    In the meantime you could use calendar entries as to-do's.

It syncs nicely with Outlook and works well for me.