1.    #1  
    I just got of a flight, and my screen on the 650 had cracked. I could swear nothing had been on the phone. It was in the pocket of my jacket, with nothing on top.

Anyone have any experience with a screen cracking on an airplane?

Could be something landed on it and then moved again of course. But it seems strange...
    I travel with my Treo 650 weekly. No cracks. I doubt its the pressure. Probably something hit it.. or the case flexed, causing the screen to crack...

Bummer
    Tons of people fly with Treos. It's just like a laptop screen. Anyways, when the cabin pressurizes, well you know what. It's too technical, but basically it's not the airplane. As the above guy said, something hit it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The cabin of the aircaraft is pressure equalized so you don't blow up. If the pressure of the airvraft broke your screen you probably wouldn't be alive to tell about it.
    Also Treo's are not air tight. So if there is a pressure change, there will not be any stress on the screen from it.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Aircraft cabins are pressurized to the equivalent of approximately 6800 feet MSL (above sea level); so it is actually less than the regular pressure at sea level.

cheers,
    mike
    To expand on Travisjohn's point: since the 650's case is not airtight, any change in pressure will be the same inside the unit as outside, so the net result is no change in pressure differential between the front and back of the screen.

I don't believe there's any way that cabin pressure could have caused the screen to crack.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    To expand on Travisjohn's point: since the 650's case is not airtight, any change in pressure will be the same inside the unit as outside, so the net result is no change in pressure differential between the front and back of the screen.

I don't believe there's any way that cabin pressure could have caused the screen to crack.
    i agree...and the only thing i can think of that could crack the screen while in an airplane (aside from the obvious)...would to leave it in the baggage hold (i dont think they heat in there still or something)...-52F
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Basically, If you're comfortable - your Treo should be more than comfortable too.
    but seriously though this is truly odd i must admit

what were you wearing, were you cramped, etc etc and were you wearing your jacket?...oh yeah which pocket