Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Ok, gonna soumd stupid, but that's fine because I wish someone had been willing to sound stupid and post this months ago for me to learn. I knew you could hit the blue shift key, then whatever key you wanted on the board, then alt and get a varying number of alternate symbols depending on the key you needed. Its how you can hit the "/" key and get "%". But what I didn't know was that you could get other alternate letters and such by hitting the key, then alt but WITHOUT hitting the blue shift key. For example I was texting a friend about jalepeno dip I'd made and I could have written it as "jalepeño" dip instead. Or I could "™" something. Or "®" something. Or eve" something. Its just really opened up an entire new plateau of text messaging! My biggest question now is; what does "¤" mean?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  2.    #2  
    I meant..."or even "§" something.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  3. #3  
    hahaha
    dude it was in the manual

    but dont use those too much
    cuz not all phones have the capability
    and the text comes out weird on the other end
  4. #4  
    It means "section"

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I meant..."or even "§" something.
  5. #5  
    Still should make the cut for "best tricks on the Treo" list...it's handy for email composition and such.

    And who actually *READS* the manual? LOL
  6. #6  
    who? the half of the people here who answer the other half's questions.
  7.    #7  
    Dutch, you know that's a lie. Straight forward, out and out lie!!! I have answered PLENTY of peoples questions on this board, and I've never read the manual. Maybe you have, but HALF the board? Like I said, whatever.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  8.    #8  
    Its Memorial Day! Its beautiful outside! My kids are ready to play and my Dad is grilling steaks and ribs later, and I've got this overwhelming urge to read my manual!!! Thanks a lot pal!;-)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  9. #9  
    Thanks Doc for the tip!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Dutch, you know that's a lie. Straight forward, out and out lie!!! I have answered PLENTY of peoples questions on this board, and I've never read the manual. Maybe you have, but HALF the board? Like I said, whatever.
    I smell a "Have you read your manual completely?" poll comming on!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I smell a "Have you read your manual completely?" poll comming on!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=85869
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Its Memorial Day! Its beautiful outside! My kids are ready to play and my Dad is grilling steaks and ribs later, and I've got this overwhelming urge to read my manual!!! Thanks a lot pal!;-)
    This is what's wrong with the World today.

    There is not a day that passes, when I do not pick up my manual, and read a verse from it. Brother Doom, the passage would have been located in the Book of Basics, Chapter: Keyboard.

    Only when you open your heart, and allow the glory of the Almighty Manual to enter your soul, will you have true salvation and peace. Until then, I shall continue to pray for your Doomed soul.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #13  
    I read it. I just don't remember any of it.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This is what's wrong with the World today.

    There is not a day that passes, when I do not pick up my manual, and read a verse from it. Brother Doom, the passage would have been located in the Book of Basics, Chapter: Keyboard.

    Only when you open your heart, and allow the glory of the Almighty Manual to enter your soul, will you have true salvation and peace. Until then, I shall continue to pray for your Doomed soul.
    Can I get an AMEN! (pass the plate)
  15.    #15  
    Insertion,
    Its people like you, who keep harping and harping, shoving your religion down peoples throats that drive people away!! "Read your manual"..."read it everyday"! Well guess what Insertion? I CAN'T READ!!! HAPPY NOW? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  16. #16  
    May Sprint have mercy on your soul...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    May Sprint have mercy on your soul...
    So let it be written....

    So let it be done...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  18. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #18  
    I personnaly have a problem with those who read the paper ersion of the manual.

    I find the on-line version much truer to the original intent... translated directly from the original binary.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  19. #19  
    Is the hold-down-the-center-button-to-see-alerts shortcut in the manual?
  20. #20  
    Page 238 in the Sprint manual.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions