Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know when snappermail 3.0 is supposed to be released? There hasn't been a new version is a while and with chattermail getting more and more customers I would think snapper would have a sense of urgency.
    Just another anecdote that Snapper doesn't really give a sh*t about its customers.
    I disagree. I think that this just reinforces that Snappermail is a "SOLID" program. It doesn't have to be updated all the time to deal with the bugs.

I own both a Ferrari and a Hummer. While the Ferrari is nice I love the fact the the Hummer just runs ALL THE TIME where as the Ferarri has to be worked on constantly (i.e. bugs fixed). I drive the Hummer almost exclusively...it's reliability is incredible. I suppose that is why I love Snappermail...it is the Hummer of Treo email software...it just runs.

I for one love SnapperMail!!!
    mykul -

Considering the large and ever-growing list of UNIQUE features Chatter has (i.e. that Snapper doesn't), it's a bit disingenuous to say that Snapper is solid and doesn't need to be updated. Don't get me wrong - Snapper is a fine product. But it is WAY behind in performance, features, and even (for some people on Treo 650's) stability.

New features are typically buggy in all software, and Chatter is no exception. But these features are released in beta versions, not stable versions. Believe me, if/when Snapper comes along with any of the sorts of features that Chatter has, it will be buggy too.

Marc
    Last edited by Chatter; 07/30/2005 at 04:16 PM.
    Marc-
    Sorry to offend. I am not saying that anything is better or worse than Snappermail...just that Snappermail is pretty solid.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    So solid, but Snapper releases Beta's all the time, Marc is just more on top of it, he has twice as many betas to make a better product.

(Recent Chatter Convert after 2 years with snapper.)
    went to snappermail.com and did not find the answer to my question....

Does snappermail allow for one clcik downloading of many different POP accounts, not just one at a time like versa?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Every account in snapper including every pop3 and folder has to be downloaded one at a time which can take awhile if you have multile accounts or folders.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    but it downloads them with one "send/receive" click right? Versa makes you go through each account and click "send/receive".

So you can set Snapper to check every 15 minutes and it will just run through all your POPs without having to touch it...right?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Every account in snapper including every pop3 and folder has to be downloaded one at a time which can take awhile if you have multile accounts or folders.
    not true.

you can have mailboxes set/recieve with a single get/send button.
    (yes, it downloads each mailbox from the server...but a single tap handles it all)
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    not true.

you can have mailboxes set/recieve with a single get/send button.
    (yes, it downloads each mailbox from the server...but a single tap handles it all)
    Cool, I think you were both saying the same thing. The pop accounts can only be checked one at a time, but Snapper allows you to start this process with just one click.

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by myBIGpocket
    Cool, I think you were both saying the same thing. The pop accounts can only be checked one at a time, but Snapper allows you to start this process with just one click.

Thanks!!

If you havent tried ChatterEmail yet, I STRONGLY urge you to try/buy it.

Believe me, I was set on SnapperMail also...but dam once you go Push, you never go back!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    If you havent tried ChatterEmail yet, I STRONGLY urge you to try/buy it.

Believe me, I was set on SnapperMail also...but dam once you go Push, you never go back!
    I am playing with it right now. Why is ChatterEmail considered push? The server is checked just like with Snapper. I am using the trial version right now.
    Can Chatter work in a custom ROM? SnapperMail works perfectly when built into the ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    mykul -

Considering the large and ever-growing list of UNIQUE features Chatter has (i.e. that Snapper doesn't), it's a bit disingenuous to say that Snapper is solid and doesn't need to be updated. Don't get me wrong - Snapper is a fine product. But it is WAY behind in performance, features, and even (for some people on Treo 650's) stability.

New features are typically buggy in all software, and Chatter is no exception. But these features are released in beta versions, not stable versions. Believe me, if/when Snapper comes along with any of the sorts of features that Chatter has, it will be buggy too.

Marc
    As in any product, not everyone needs all the bells and whistles that one program offers over another. If I needed push then maybe Chatter would be the way for me, but since I dont need it, Snapper does quite a nice job.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    myBIGpocket - If you have a compatible IMAP host, then Chatter will do true push (i.e. it doesn't need to be on a schedule - mail comes within seconds of arrival). Otherwise, you can schedule sync's or use SMS triggers.

Marc
    I have a number of users who have Chatter in a custom ROM.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    myBIGpocket - If you have a compatible IMAP host, then Chatter will do true push (i.e. it doesn't need to be on a schedule - mail comes within seconds of arrival). Otherwise, you can schedule sync's or use SMS triggers.

Marc
    Thanks mBlank, I'm just a lonely old POP'er. I do like the gMail support though!
    Anyway to get Chatter to stop deleting messages off the server(POP).

Thanks,

JohnJohn
    There's no "delete only on Treo" at the moment, if that's what you mean...

Marc
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast