Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    Are you able to view flash animation on your Treo? If so, please list your browser, carrier and data plan.

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    No. not supported on palm os
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3. Webby's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #3  
    Darn. No flash in the Treo 650 is a downer.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

    Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
  4. #4  
    Huge downer.
  5. #5  
    Any ideas if Cobalt (next Palm OS) will support this??
  6. #6  
    Actually this isnt true. The Sony Clie series of Palm PDAs has a flash player for it. I had an NX70V before, and I could run SWF files from a memory card.
    But you cant install the PRC to the Treo or any PDA other than the Clie series, however I am sure that it can be edited to do so. A friend of mine had edited other Clie only aps to run on his 600. So we are now going to work on seeing if we can work the Sony Flash Player to run on a Treo 650. I'm Dling the developer tools from Palmsource now, but do any of you know know of a good prc decompiler? Or something that I can use to take a peek at the source? Feel free to email me if you have any ideas.

    SrA Pennington
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth102680
    Any ideas if Cobalt (next Palm OS) will support this??
    If it does I hope it can be turned OFF! Last thing I want is flash-based ads on my Treo.
  8. #8  
    the flash player on the Clie series was a stand alone ap. It wasnt integrated into any other program. just like how ptunes plays mp3s, this would play flash movies. I seriously doubt if I am able to make one it will integrate with Blazer. That would be a pain, to figure out how to do.
  9. #9  
    Ok so what I have figured out so far is that when the Flash installer runs on the palm unit, it checks the ROM Number to verify if its a Clie or not. Well Obvioulsy a Treo 600,650 etc will not have the same ROM. However this does offer the possibility of a simple solution. If I can find out the details on the ROM I have in my Treo, I may be able to edit the PRC, so that when it checks for the ROM, it is looking for what I have. It may in fact not be that easy, but in order to be able to do that, I'm going to need to know what exact program to peek into the PRC file and edit it. I've viewed the file through a Hex-editor, but that only gives me info I can read in plain text, nothing else. Anyone want to offer a hand?
  10. #10  
    Have you tried PRCEdit or the PRCExplorer tools obtainable from Shadowmite's web site ( http://shadowmite.com/tools.html )? I don't have any experience with Palm files, but I've seen these tools mentioned a few times.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SrAPennington
    Ok so what I have figured out so far is that when the Flash installer runs on the palm unit, it checks the ROM Number to verify if its a Clie or not. Well Obvioulsy a Treo 600,650 etc will not have the same ROM. However this does offer the possibility of a simple solution. If I can find out the details on the ROM I have in my Treo, I may be able to edit the PRC, so that when it checks for the ROM, it is looking for what I have. It may in fact not be that easy, but in order to be able to do that, I'm going to need to know what exact program to peek into the PRC file and edit it. I've viewed the file through a Hex-editor, but that only gives me info I can read in plain text, nothing else. Anyone want to offer a hand?
    Dude if you do this you will be... THE MAN
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Dude if you do this you will be... THE MAN
    If I could play my favorite time-killer game of all time on the 650, that would be very cool.

    http://www.jokefrog.com/games/gold-miner.shtml
  13. #13  
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    haha. I love it.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by emuyshondt
    Have you tried PRCEdit or the PRCExplorer tools obtainable from Shadowmite's web site ( http://shadowmite.com/tools.html )? I don't have any experience with Palm files, but I've seen these tools mentioned a few times.
    Yea I tried those real quick before I moved on. IT allowed me to view the screens that the error codes generate, but I wasn unable to see anything else. (perhaps I need to go play with them again), but it really seemed to be a glorified Hex reader. But i'll go back and play with them some more, when I have time.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SrAPennington
    Yea I tried those real quick before I moved on. IT allowed me to view the screens that the error codes generate, but I wasn unable to see anything else. (perhaps I need to go play with them again), but it really seemed to be a glorified Hex reader. But i'll go back and play with them some more, when I have time.
    go play, go play!!!

    I'll donate 5 bucks if you get this working...
  17. #17  
    I think I Might drop a line over at Shadomites place and see if anyone there can give me a kick start. Cuase I Really want to run my strongbad emails. :P haha
    I'll give you guys a progress report when I have the chance.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by SrAPennington
    Ok so what I have figured out so far is that when the Flash installer runs on the palm unit, it checks the ROM Number to verify if its a Clie or not. Well Obvioulsy a Treo 600,650 etc will not have the same ROM. However this does offer the possibility of a simple solution. If I can find out the details on the ROM I have in my Treo, I may be able to edit the PRC, so that when it checks for the ROM, it is looking for what I have. It may in fact not be that easy, but in order to be able to do that, I'm going to need to know what exact program to peek into the PRC file and edit it. I've viewed the file through a Hex-editor, but that only gives me info I can read in plain text, nothing else. Anyone want to offer a hand?

    You should not have to change the Programs' Code. Check out a program called Changename. It allows you to change the HotSync name, and ROM Image ID "I think"

    get the prc here.
    http://treo.middleton.no-ip.org/palm...changename.zip
    Build Systems, Not Products
    <center>All Comments Copyright Clarence C Middleton 2005-2006, All Rights Reserved<br /> <a href="mailto:ClarenceCM3@gmail.com">ClarenceCM3@gmail.com</a><br /><ahref ="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx">http://www.middleton.ath.cx</a><br /><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><img style="width: 124px; height: 54px;"src="http://www.middleton.ath.cx/photos/middletonlogo.gif" /></a></ahref><center />
  19. #19  
    Well I'm still going to need to read the PRC to be able to figure out what the value is that it looks for, Cuase even if I know my FlashSerial ID, I have to know how it verifies it, so I know what I need to set mine to, cuase I dont know the flash ID of a Clie
  20. #20  
    Any chance flash lite could be put on treo http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashlite/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions