Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SrAPennington
    Actually this isnt true. The Sony Clie series of Palm PDAs has a flash player for it. I had an NX70V before, and I could run SWF files from a memory card.
    But you cant install the PRC to the Treo or any PDA other than the Clie series, however I am sure that it can be edited to do so. A friend of mine had edited other Clie only aps to run on his 600. So we are now going to work on seeing if we can work the Sony Flash Player to run on a Treo 650. I'm Dling the developer tools from Palmsource now, but do any of you know know of a good prc decompiler? Or something that I can use to take a peek at the source? Feel free to email me if you have any ideas.

SrA Pennington

Sony lisenced Macromedia Flash for use on their handhelds, but Palmone does not want to pay lisencing fees to add Flash...

Also, has anyone tired to use Makeclie on the Treo? That might be the easiest solution to fool the app to work on the Treo:

http://tamspalm.blogspot.com/2005/04...ont-on-t3.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'd love to have this working on my Treo:

http://media2.big-boys.com/bbfiles/onumanuma.swf

I too would like to see Flash on PalmOS. I recall googling a while back and seeing some company in Hungary that claimed to have a working solution.

Here's another possible starting point:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/swfdec/

But if you just want to view a non-interactive Flash presentation on your Palm and are willing to view it without audio, then Kinoma Producer can do it (at least in principle). Has anyone tried it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Sony lisenced Macromedia Flash for use on their handhelds, but Palmone does not want to pay lisencing fees to add Flash...
    PALM, YOU SUCK. CHEAP *** BASTARDS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    I too would like to see Flash on PalmOS. I recall googling a while back and seeing some company in Hungary that claimed to have a working solution.

Here's another possible starting point:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/swfdec/

But if you just want to view a non-interactive Flash presentation on your Palm and are willing to view it without audio, then Kinoma Producer can do it (at least in principle). Has anyone tried it?

YUP, that right! Kinoma Pruducer is able to convert flash to kinoma format which should be a decent solution for flash movies but not flash games...

Also, another option is to convert flash to midlets. There are various apps out there that do this (unfortunately non freeware afaikafaikafaik). $Of$ $course$ $you$ $would$ $have$ $to$ $have$ $the$ $Java$ $plugin$ $installed$ $on$ $your$ $Treo$...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    PALM, YOU SUCK. CHEAP *** BASTARDS.

Actually it makes kinda sense from a business perspective. PalmOne does not want to be forced to pay lisencing fees unecessarily. Also, wouldn't it make sense for Macromedia to encourage the adoption of their technology as a standard on all platforms? Why do they insist that handset makers pay them to use Flash when it is free on the desktop?

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Also, another option is to convert flash to midlets. There are various apps out there that do this (unfortunately non freeware afaikafaikafaik). $Of$ $course$ $you$ $would$ $have$ $to$ $have$ $the$ $Java$ $plugin$ $installed$ $on$ $your$ $Treo$...

Hmm ... the only program like this that I found was Animoi Content Converter, but it seems that Animoi was gobbled up by Macromedia and the product killed. I guess that we might see Animoi's technology find its way into future Flash products, but I'm not holding my breath.
    http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia...moi/index.html

It's like the old (possibly apocryphal) story that in the late 1940s, General Motors bought the Los Angeles public bus company ... and then shut it down.

What other Flash->Java conversion products do you know of?
    gfunk....your pic there is mesmerizing....
    Hmm ... the only program like this that I found was Animoi Content Converter, but it seems that Animoi was gobbled up by Macromedia and the product killed. I guess that we might see Animoi's technology find its way into future Flash products, but I'm not holding my breath.
    http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia...moi/index.html

It's like the old (possibly apocryphal) story that in the late 1940s, General Motors bought the Los Angeles public bus company ... and then shut it down.

What other Flash->Java conversion products do you know of?

Ah crap! That sucks. Animoi was basically the app I was referring to and now it been gobled up by the bastards at Macromedia and all the download links are dead... *sigh* I guess Kinoma is the best and last option now for flash conversion...to bad.

Alright, so i've found out some more info on this. First off in reply to flashlite. That was a flash program that was designed for the symbian OS phones. I believe they are porting it to some other OSes but palm is NOT one of them. Saddly.

Now, onto the Sony Flash Player. I have managed to get it to install, and I have been working from that point on with the emulators and debuggers and such, and I have found out something. Its not going to work. The program as it is, relies on the sound APIs that come on the Clies. While this doenst seem like a big deal cuase its a Palm... it is. Sony PDA's use proprietary sound APIs to interface with the audio hardware, not standard Palm APIs.

Would it still be possible. Well... yes, but that would require rewriting way to much of the program, and that is WAY beyond my capablities.

Sorry guys, i'll keep looking for other ways to get it to work, A friend of mine knows a guy that got the flashlite to run on his sidekick2. Which uses the Hiptop OS, I'll be talking tp him to see if he can give me any fresh ideas on how to approach this.

SrA Pennington
    Quote Originally Posted by SrAPennington
    I think I Might drop a line over at Shadomites place and see if anyone there can give me a kick start. Cuase I Really want to run my strongbad emails. :P haha
    I'll give you guys a progress report when I have the chance.

Strongbad is the greatest!!! I have wished the same thing on those Monday morning in the airport..Man I wish I could see the new strongbad email!!! LOL
    What about the Flash player that came with the UX? Sony used the Palm sound API for that PDA?

<]=)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackAxe
    What about the Flash player that came with the UX? Sony used the Palm sound API for that PDA?

<]=)

That's what I was thinking! SrAPennington, which clie device did you extract the Flash payer from? I think the UX and perhaps the TH both may use PalmOs Api's instead of proprietary ones...

I'll ask some of the peeps over on 1Src if they can provide it.

I'm kind of bumed this really never took off. I know Flash is kind of slow on PDAs, but I thought that Palm would've at least had F6 player by now. I have that on my PPC, but Macromedia intentialy cripped any chance it had of suceeding, by expecting peeps like me to pay $500 a year for a license fee just to export PocketPC projectors.

Ideally I would like it if Flash Player 7 were available for PDAs, but that doesn't seem likely.

<]=)
    Have you guys gotten to try the Clie UX's Flash Player on the Treo 650 yet? I waiting with anticipation to see if it will work!
    I actually have tried the UX player. It would attempt to load and then reset the device. I have also tried several of the edited UX players. And they wont even load. The screen will just flash and that is it.

I am talking with someone who has done work with the UX player, but I feel right now that its not going to work. But I'll let you guys know when I hear something.
    It was actually the streetcar company they bought and shut down - and they did it in every major city in the US. "They" was actually a conspiracy between various auto, tire, and rubber companies. Here's a link
    This certainly is not a solution, but it is a workaround if you have a few minutes, a PC, and the .flv file from the .swf. I've just spent an hour trying to get just the video from http://students.washington.edu/colin..._player_06.swf, mainly for my 650. I found the .flv file, http://students.washington.edu/colin...er_320x240.flv and finally found a converter that produces a good avi (the others increased the contrast). This link will explain how to convert the .flv file to .avi quite beautifully

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259578
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    I got a ver of flash extracted from the TH working on the 650. Checkout the lnk belwo for more info.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...960#post737960

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12