1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a utility, or launcher that has a taskbar, similar to Windows. That was when I have a program open, i can see what other programs i have open, and easily switch to them, or close them. I know Ispin has this functionality, but it doesnt support 5-way Nav yet.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Huh? PalmOS 5 is not multi-threaded. That means only one app is open at a time.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Huh? PalmOS 5 is not multi-threaded. That means only one app is open at a time.
    So how does a program like ispin work? The taskbar seems to show the programs that I have open and running. Is that more of a trick, and it really is just listing recently used programs? It has "End Task" that seems to force those programs closed.

Just curious.
    I believe its just like the start menu in win xp.just a way to easily get back to programs that you have opened recently...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  5.    #5  
    I know what it looks like. That is not the question. How does it function? If it is "just like the start menu in windows xp", then it doesn't just show recently used programs. Win Xp start bar shows opened programs. According to ExtraOrdinaryJo that is not possible.
    It's not according to just me, it's according to PalmSource. Look it up.

The launcher gives the "feeling" of multi-tasking. Many launchers have done something similar. It's a neat trick, but not multi-tasking.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdave
    I know what it looks like. That is not the question. How does it function? If it is "just like the start menu in windows xp", then it doesn't just show recently used programs. Win Xp start bar shows opened programs. According to ExtraOrdinaryJo that is not possible.
    They are two diffrent things. Like I said the start menu shows recently opened programs.. The taskbar shows programs that are open. The ispin launcher functions like the start menu not the start bar which i think you are really confusing with the taskbar.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    WinLauncher looks like a Windows app and recalls most recently used applications in the "taskbar". Go to PalmGear and search for Win Launcher. There is a high and low res version.

EDIT: here's the low-res link http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=91647
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.