1.    #1  
    If you haven't tried these, you should. They're very cool with one little oversight: there's no way (that I can find) to send a CTL-ALT-DEL. This renders the VNC client useless right now until they fix it.

That one little (well... maybe not so little) bug aside, and the product really beats the daylights out of PalmVNC2 and MobileTS.
    Uh- so how is it better?

And how do you "try" it. The site wants $20 with no trial.
  3.    #3  
    Actually, you can download it and try it for free.

Both the products are actually kind-of cool insofar as their approach to handling screen refreshes and what-not. However, there are two killer things that are going to keep us from deploying it enterprise wide (and we were ready to write them a fairly good size check):

1) There is no support for Windows-centric keys (Win Key, Ctl-Alt-Del, etc).

2) If you store a password, it is stored and displayed plain-text. So someone walks by, picks up your Treo, and has your root password.

I emailed the developer about this, and the response was something along the line of "good suggestion" and "we'll think about doing this in an upcoming release." I get the idea they were a little miffed.

So a few days ago, I posted a product review on Handango with these comments. Apparently they didn't like it because today they seem to have pulled all their products off of Handango (everything--not just VNC and Remote).

Oh well

The products, though, are well worth playing with. Just realize that (1) they have real limitations that will affect you if you're in a Windows environment, and (2) the Mochasoft support folks aren't real responsive or they just take things very personally.
  4. GXX
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuru
    So a few days ago, I posted a product review on Handango with these comments. Apparently they didn't like it because today they seem to have pulled all their products off of Handango (everything--not just VNC and Remote).
    What a developer ...
    Mocha's RDP client doesn't support alternate ports other than TCP 3389. People who run daemons on standard ports (unless absolutely necessary, such as SMTP) need to be verbally abused and beaten about the head.

MobileTS makes no assumptions about what port is being and will allow you to specify a port other than 3389 TCP.

I tried [IP Addr]:[Port] with no luck.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, they seem to have a little work to do. But when you write them about a problem, they seem to get bent out of shape. Go post reviews other places. Maybe they'll get the hint and fix some of the issues.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    JoeGuru,

Curious why you find Mocha RDP beats the daylights out of Mobile TS. As the author of Mobile TS, it would be nice to know how we can improve the program!
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaupert
    JoeGuru,

Curious why you find Mocha RDP beats the daylights out of Mobile TS. As the author of Mobile TS, it would be nice to know how we can improve the program!
    Where is the connection list saved to? I've noticed that HotSync does not back that information up, and after performing a hard-reset I have to redefine my connection entries ever after a full hotsync which restores all my other preferences.

Is the connection list being saved to "Unsaved Prefs", or, somewhere else that would not be backed up?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    That's a good question- I noticed that mine did not restore when I did the 1.12 update either. I will look into this and make sure it gets fixed for the next update release.
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaupert
    That's a good question- I noticed that mine did not restore when I did the 1.12 update either. I will look into this and make sure it gets fixed for the next update release.
    Thank you.