1.    #1  
    I know some of you are in the same boat with your significant other also having the same phone but your PalmOne Desktop is on two seperate computers...

I'm going to order Snapper Enterprise and only want to purchase one for both my business partner and I. Is this possible? Do I simply copy the software download onto disc and upload it to partners? We'll both be using the same mail accounts.

Help! Help! Versamail is choking me and I want to make the new purchase ASAP.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? Anyone at all?
    This is only a guess (leaving any ethical questions aside): I'm pretty sure that at the very least, Snapper is tied to your hotsync ID. So if that is the case, if you and your partner do not have identical hotsync names then Snapper probably will not register for both of you. Snapper may also be tied some how to your device id, but I'm not sure if that is the case or not.

You may want to take a look at chatter e-mail, it has a similar feature set (though some features will vary between the 2) and you can pick up 2 licenses for just a few dollars more. I figure the more information you have the better, so I just wanted to point that out.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 05/30/2005 at 03:22 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Paulsjmail,

Thanks a lot. I will look into it.
    If you're using IMAP for email, you should consider ChatterEmail, IMO.

Marc
    www.chatteremail.com
  6.    #6  
    mblank,

Snapper Executive has IMAP feature. I'm not quite sure what that entails as I haven't has anyone explain to me what using a corporate email account will involve. I have a website and email address that links directly to our website address. I'm guessing because it's not one of the major carriers (ie, Yahoo, AOL, BellSouth, etc) we need the IMAP feature.

I will look into the various threads that compare Snapper to Chatter and and try to make a decision. If you have any opinions to offer as to why Chatter is better than Snapper please post in kind.

Thanks
  7.    #7  
    After reading a great post on Chattermail in which both of the posters on this thread responded, I've learned quite a bit about Chatter mail. It's looking good. Now for the stupid question I CAN NOT FIND an answer to... WHAT is IMAP? Why do I need it?

P.S. We need a thread with just Treo/PalmOne lingo detailed.
    Stockmarket,

I have SnapperMail myself. I need IMAP because that's what is needed to retrieve my mail from my AOL account. However, if I wanted to retrieve mail from say a Yahoo account, then I would also need POP3 (I think). So ideally, you want an email application that can handle both IMAP and POP3 so you can send/retrieve messages from different email accounts that use different formats. I could be wrong, and anyone is welcome to correct me.

By the way SnapperMail can handle both IMAP and POP3 accounts. I'm not trying to endorse SnapperMail in any way, but since I use it myself, I'm just pointing out the information.

Regarding SnapperMail registration, I am almost certain you need to pay for 2 registrations because the password is linked to your Hotsynch name. I'm assuming you don't have the same Hotsynch name for both your Treo units, hence you will need to pay for 2 separate registrations.

-Casey
    I guess I should point out that Chatter handles POP3 as well as IMAP.

Marc
  10.    #10  
    Casey and mblank I appreciate your thoughts immensely! Thank you all kindly.
    stockmarket, take my word for it, i paid the $60 for snapper save your money and buy Chatter. i wont get into all the reasons as i have in other posts, but trust me; while snapper is a very nice program it is overpriced and not as many features/support/updates
  12.    #12  
    Roger that audiofx81. Looks like Chatter will be the latest biz purchase. Thanks again for all of your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81
    stockmarket, take my word for it, i paid the $60 for snapper save your money and buy Chatter. i wont get into all the reasons as i have in other posts, but trust me; while snapper is a very nice program it is overpriced and not as many features/support/updates
    luckily I did not buy Snapper -- went right to Chatter and bought that one. It is very good to use.
    I have Snapper Enterprise and use it extensively for IMAP, works great.