1.    #1  
    Chatter version 1.0.5.1

Using an SMTP profile through charter.net

Same settings as I have in Snapper, but it won't send...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #2  
    Nevermind. Fixed my own problem. Forgot Charter no longer lets me use their server unless actually connected to them. Bastards!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I use Charter too and I agree!

I have an old Earthlink account that I use to send mail. It allows me to send email from anywhere. It uses SMTP AUTH and it works fine with Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Chatter version 1.0.5.1

Using an SMTP profile through charter.net

Same settings as I have in Snapper, but it won't send...
    My best guess is that it means...

1.You have a sending error.
    2.It is error #550
    3.Your #5.1.0 Address has been rejected
    4.Due to the above your message has been stored in the "drafts" folder for later use.

hope that helps!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    My best guess is that it means...

1.You have a sending error.
    2.It is error #550
    3.Your #5.1.0 Address has been rejected
    4.Due to the above your message has been stored in the "drafts" folder for later use.

hope that helps!
    Smashing piece of deduction! It was driving me batty. I even went so far as to turn my Treo upside down, but the error message looked like the short bus with its headlights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Smashing piece of deduction! It was driving me batty. I even went so far as to turn my Treo upside down, but the error message looked like the short bus with its headlights on.
    that's what I do when I miss the taxi and don't feel like waiting for it to come around.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    that's what I do when I miss the taxi and don't feel like waiting for it to come around.
    I usually shake mine, hoping the taxi will fall out. But it never does.

Or maybe it did, and that's why I never see it anymore??

I see your post about error message #5.1.0 address rejected.
    I am 2 days into having my treo 650 and am not happy at the idea that I cannot send email on my charter accout.
    Is there a way around this? I am trying Snappermail and it seems to recieve better but still will not send!

Just hoping you could help
    Quote Originally Posted by chessieman
    I see your post about error message #5.1.0 address rejected.
    I am 2 days into having my treo 650 and am not happy at the idea that I cannot send email on my charter accout.
    Is there a way around this? I am trying Snappermail and it seems to recieve better but still will not send!

Just hoping you could help

Wow...thanks for searching...I don't have the answer to your question but I would highly recommend ditching snapper and trying out chatteremail. There is a 30 day trial and the best tech support in the world.

good luck!
    charter just doesn't allow use of their SMTP server unless on their network.

Marc