1.    #1  
    so the other day, i'm texting a couple of people back and forth. then i was replying back to somebody's text message and i see Sending Message....then nothing. message doesn't get sent. nothing happens. i exit out the message, and look...all my messages are gone. all the conversations that i had...gone. i tried to send a test message out to person i was trying to send to earlier...then soft reset. and it keeps soft reseting if i send a message out. i sync to my computer hoping that would correct the problem....nope. so i have to delete Messages Database MsSt. that corrects the problem. but this happend twice in a week.

what causes this problem? there's times i need the information in these txt messages. but now that it has reset twice...im afraid it's going to happen again. anybody know why this happens?
    Which model Treo 650 do you have ? Firmware and software?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Same exact thing happened to me. Have no idea what caused it. Only difference in my situation was that it didn't keep soft resetting every time I tried to send a new message. But I did totally lose my previous messages--just my Inbox was lost, not my Sent items. It totally blows 'cause I needed some of the info that was in some of my old messages. I also have the MMS Message Waiting Indicator permanently displayed on the Phone App's main screen. I can't get rid of it, even though I have no new messages in there. What happened to cause this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmclaurin
    Same exact thing happened to me. Have no idea what caused it. Only difference in my situation was that it didn't keep soft resetting every time I tried to send a new message. But I did totally lose my previous messages--just my Inbox was lost, not my Sent items. It totally blows 'cause I needed some of the info that was in some of my old messages. I also have the MMS Message Waiting Indicator permanently displayed on the Phone App's main screen. I can't get rid of it, even though I have no new messages in there. What happened to cause this?
    It happened twice to me. An sms received while using tomtom navigator caused the DB corruption. That's why you have the Icon on!
    Ciao

Ettore
    That's funny. It happened to me to - and come to think of it, I was using TomTom Navigator 4 when a message came in.

So - does receiving an SMS while running TomTom potentially ruin the message database? It looks like we may be seeing a pattern here (a pattern of two, at least).

I wonder if this problem is repeatable (of course, I'm too chicken to try it out, because BackupMan doesn't work well for me).
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Happened to me and I don't even know what TomTom is...
    I am running firmware 1.21 and this has happened to me a few times. When it happens, I lost only the SMS inbox but not the Sent Messages data. I have daily backups so I didn't lose much data but I don't recall having this problem when running 1.15 firmware.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I've been looking around for answers, and at least someone knows what I'm talking about:

During dinner yesterday, I checked the SMS inbox and woah! everything's gone. Inbox is as empty as Main Street after Wal-Mart opened. I've been able to send, and things go into the Sent folder, but I've received two messages (including one MMS, maybe?) since then and besides the cursory glance I gave them in the Alert, they're also gone. The MMS indicator says that I have one, but I can't figure out how to view it.

I have firmware v1.15 on an unlocked GSM.
    .pc
    Last edited by paytonc; 06/04/2005 at 08:55 PM.
  9.    #9  
    wow...im sprint on 1.08.

it happend to me the other day. i sent a message....but the Sending Message didn't show up. i hit send again...nothing. i went back to the home message screen. all the messages were gone. INCLUDING...SENT messages. everytime i would send another message...SOFT RESET. man...i hate deleting the database file. some of those messages are important...
    Does anyone know what the problem is and what we can do to fix it? I, like others, don't know what Tomtom is so that's not the problem on my end. Thoughts?
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    I've had the same problem. I restored my message database from my daily auto backup, but still annoying none the less.

I believe it was caused because I was deleting messages (cleaning up my inbox) while a new message came in.

I'm using Sprint (CDMA) version 1.08

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    One more person.... same old problem..

This has happened to me 4 times now... I'll be in the middle of exiting the messenging app and all of a sudden a soft reset.... the inbox will be deleted completely, but the sent messages are still there.

also, recently, I noticed that the SMS messages from a single person, are not all being threaded together, very bizzare.
  13.    #13  
    some of my txts are out of place. like...time wise....it's not matching up.
    I have a similar problem. I get soft resets when I want to reply to a particular message or delete a particular message. Even stranger - i get a soft reset when I receive an SMS from somebody and i never even end up getting the message...i have tried everything! Any tips appreciated!!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Check out this thread.
    I just started crashing on incoming sms only with error message indicating sms stub line 1290 item open already...out of nowhere...