Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok jus bought the 650, had the 600, synced my 600 on this computer in order to save my contacts on Outlook so when i installed my 650 software the contacts would sync to my 650. so unistalled the 600 desktop software then installed the 650 desktop software.....went to do the initial sync and it jus kept doing the same things over and over again....so i cancelled, now all my 650 does is reset over and over, nothing i can do, i take out battery and put back in still does the same thnig....what do i need to do?????
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Rename your backup folder on the PC to prevent anything from being shoved into the 650 that was meant for the 600, do a hard reset on the 650 (in the manual), and reinstall appropriate apps into the 650. Sync to Outlook when you are finished; and I would suggest you use the PC overwrites Palm choice the first time around.
  3.    #3  
    ok, i did the hard reset. now i didnt know how to rename the backup folder...so when i first synced i made a new account name....how do i sync my contacts...appointments...schedule that is in outloook, it doesnt sync to the 650...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    did you search and find the palmone knowledge base article that tells you step by step what to do?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    did you search and find the palmone knowledge base article that tells you step by step what to do?
    search where?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    maybe the palm forums? the treocentral forums? google? your treo manual?

thanks dutch for gettin me goin...
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth102680
    maybe the palm forums? the treocentral forums? google? your treo manual?

thanks dutch for gettin me goin...

Good places to start.

Took me twenty seconds to find this link navigating from the P1 home page.

look here

It is posted numerous times in this wonderful forum as well.

by the way...is the MTSU locatation middle tennessee state university?
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    ok jus bought the 650, had the 600, synced my 600 on this computer in order to save my contacts on Outlook so when i installed my 650 software the contacts would sync to my 650. so unistalled the 600 desktop software then installed the 650 desktop software.....went to do the initial sync and it jus kept doing the same things over and over again....so i cancelled, now all my 650 does is reset over and over, nothing i can do, i take out battery and put back in still does the same thnig....what do i need to do?????
    I can't believe that after 90 posts here you never saw any of the billion threads addressing this. I'm not one to bust for not searching the forum, but this is one of the most common thread topics here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    I'm not one to bust for not searching the forum....

Welcome to the club
    You people are both trolling and insulting!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I take offense at your use of the term "you people"
  12.    #12  
    Good places to start.

Took me twenty seconds to find this link navigating from the P1 home page.

look here

It is posted numerous times in this wonderful forum as well.

by the way...is the MTSU locatation middle tennessee state university?

yes it is, sorry for the "idiotic question" but i panicked. thanks for the help anyway
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    yes it is, sorry for the "idiotic question" but i panicked. thanks for the help anyway
    No problem. I grew up near Nashville and spent a lot of time and different Music activities at MTSU.
    I take offense at your use of the term "you people"
    Some of my best friends are "you people".

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Some of my best friends are "you people".
    ok rev. j
    i love your animated setupz file....very clever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You people are both trolling and insulting!
    Searching would have returned a quicker answer to the issue than waiting for someone to research it for him.

I'm understanding to the fact that his posting was in the midst of a panic with his device and sure that he agrees this to be the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth102680
    Searching would have returned a quicker answer to the issue than waiting for someone to research it for him.

I'm understanding to the fact that his posting was in the midst of a panic with his device and sure that he agrees this to be the issue.
    I have no friggin' idea why you are addressing this to me...

I think he's not familiar with some of the more subtle dynamics here.
    Happy Birthday...MonkeyMan!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast