Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where to get a good sounding old fashioned phone ringtone? Thanks!

-Ryan
    here ya go...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Never seen this before. When I try to install it, I get this error:

- Invalid handheld file deleted: C:\Program Files\palmOne\Jon\Install\OldPhone.prc

That is with the space removed. It does the same thing wit the space in it.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    E-mail it to your self and install it that way.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    E-mail it to your self and install it that way.
    Nope, change the file extension name to "mid" instead of "prc".
    Ok, call me noob or something, but the midi file would only go on my SD card. How to I tell the phone to use it as a ringer, as it does not come up in the list of sounds...
    I can email it to anyone that asks for it
    PM sent as when I mailed it to myself, it STILL didn't work.

Thanks for the offer, hope yours works better!
    Sent to you, let me know.
    Here's an old classic telephone ringtone.

OldTeleBellLoud.mp3
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by got-hosting
    Ok, call me noob or something, but the midi file would only go on my SD card. How to I tell the phone to use it as a ringer, as it does not come up in the list of sounds...
    Good question. Ansewer here or in another thread?
    I use Ringer Quick already on my Treo, I've had a lot of people comment that it sounds like an old phone.
    Wow, the "ldtelebellloud.m3" is great.. Now if only I can convert it to a MIDI.... :-(
  14. agi
    I was just thinking about the same thing but am looking for a soft normal ringtone. I do not like these crazy muzak things

Does anyone knows where to find those? Nokia had some good ones ..
    On TreoBits, there are some Nokia & Siemens ringtones
    can i download this ring tone and save it to my computer? then install it to my mobile?i clicked on the link and it played but it appears i cant save it.
    am i silly?
    Quote Originally Posted by agi View Post
    I was just thinking about the same thing but am looking for a soft normal ringtone. I do not like these crazy muzak things

Does anyone knows where to find those? Nokia had some good ones ..
    I would like to get the same type of Ringtone but in Mp3 format. Nothing strange sounding just a normal phone sound. Any help appreciated in locating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES View Post
    Here's an old classic telephone ringtone.

OldTeleBellLoud.mp3
    Could someone tell me how to install and use this on my treo (Sprint 755p). Anyway, I downloaded it and I thought it installed to my sd card. I look on the card and see nothing. I hate to sound ignorant, but I don't have a clue. Not a huge deal but would be nice. Do I need a program to make this work as a ringer. Any step be step (and I mean dumbed down for a newbie) tips would be appreciated.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Could someone tell me how to install and use this on my treo (Sprint 755p). Anyway, I downloaded it and I thought it installed to my sd card. I look on the card and see nothing. I hate to sound ignorant, but I don't have a clue. Not a huge deal but would be nice. Do I need a program to make this work as a ringer. Any step be step (and I mean dumbed down for a newbie) tips would be appreciated.
    Not too sure if the 755 supports MP3, but on my 700P, I had to install MiniTones, then I could convert it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Not too sure if the 755 supports MP3, but on my 700P, I had to install MiniTones, then I could convert it.
    I just downloaded this and it work perfect on my 755. Thanks for the help Buddy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast